Is AT&T updating inventory?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by VOLS34, Oct 21, 2014.

1. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Is AT&T even bothering to update inventory online at this point? I stopped by a local one the other day & he said they wasn't getting much of anything in since launch just 4-5 a couple times. Whenever I check online it says out of stock everywhere near me & not available for in store pickup.

2. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

Everything I have heard from numerous friends and even family members who work with AT&T all have confirmed that they probably won't see more stock until sometime around the holidays probably black friday/thanksgiving time or even around Christmas. You have to remember it's hard to supply that many stores when you still have hundreds of thousands of people who pre ordered and are still waiting .....

3. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

The thing is our local Apple Store gets regular deliveries. Local retailers like Target & Best Buy get regular inventory as well. Not sure why AT&T doesn't. I can go other places but I'm using another line to upgrade my line & it's a much smoother process at AT&T. I guess I'll just have to keep checking & hope I get lucky.

4. TRBO VNM

TRBO VNM Member
    Bronze

Same here. They told me they received one gold plus on launch day and that has been it. The 6's trickle in every now and then.

5. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

It's because AT&T is garbage.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Love their coverage and data speeds.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You just love to rub it in, don't you?

8. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

This is true.

9. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

My AT&T store is only getting in what they order for people. The lady explained to me that they have not been getting regular deliveries. She said if I wanted a 6, I could get it in a few days. Pluses were taking much longer.

10. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I've gotten the same story from my local AT&T store twice now in the last three weeks. What they order for customers comes in within 8-10 days but never anything for resale. The first time I was there I asked if I could handle a 6 and a 6+ and was give the two phones to handle but both of them had a golf ball sized lump on the back of it that was tethered to the display stand with aircraft cable preventing any meaningful handling of the phones to get a feel for how it would fit in my hand. So I'll wait until they have some in the store that I can look at and decide "Ok, I'll take that one" and then pay for it and take it home, not the other way around.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

Sent from my iPhone 5

11. TRBO VNM

TRBO VNM Member
    Bronze

Yeah, my local store that I ordered mine from said they are only getting 6's in every now and then. Have only had 1 6+ on launch day.

12. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Just looked at inventory online & every local AT&T supposedly has space gray 16GB in stock. My question now is how accurate is this if it's right at all or maybe they have received shipments & didn't update for each color/capacity.

13. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

Just go grab a 16GB at target if that's what you want that have tons of them.

14. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

I don't want a 16gig I want a 64. I'll see what they actually have tomorrow. I'm also using another line's upgrade for my line & that is a MUCH smoother process at AT&T.

15. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

I doubt you'll find one at ANY at&t store but good-luck your best bet would be to get to an Apple store as soon as they open up.

16. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

The AT&T MyATT app tells you which locations has iPhone 6's. I checked it today, walked into AT&T in Acworth, GA, and got an iPhone 6 (grey, 16GB). Rather seamless actually...