Is Dropbox comparable to Evernote?

Discussion in 'iPod Touch' started by pike942, Jan 16, 2012.

1. pike942

pike942 New Member

I use Evernote with great satisfaction on both PC and iPod Touch already. I was wondering if Dropbox offered basically the same features or was there some advantage over Evernote. Anyone familiar with these programs/apps.

2. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

i didn't think they are even the samething. one is for note taking/sharing and dropbox is more like cloud storage. tho you can have a shared folder.

3. Lunfai

Lunfai Member
    Bronze

Evernote as you mentioned is more of the note taking type of application where Dropbox is more of a cloud story system. You might be able to upload notes to Dropbox but it's not convenient uploading notes all the time on the handheld version rather than just using Evernote, however theres nothing stopping you.

If you really want more than note taking then use Dropbox as you get a plethora of options to limit shared folders, allow public files and it's free with 2GB allowance.

4. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

what's also good about dropbox is that is works with just about anything iPhone,Android,windows or mac.

5. Lunfai

Lunfai Member
    Bronze

I use it on my mac and windows very vividly, when I edit text documents I tend to save them vigorously in a public folder, and the files get automatically pushed into the cloud once saved. I do this with any web pages I'm working on or images so I can see how a browser renders it from a source, this way I can work on a web page from all perspectives. Desktop and mobile and it's really handy. It beats setting up a web server for small HTML/CSS files.

TLDR; So a selling point about the product is that any file modifications saved, is synced with the cloud file!