Is find my iPhone still free?

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
What if I want to delete find my iPhone account later? Will that interfere with my Apple id or anything?
It shouldn't, but if you delete it, and its not free, you will not be able to get it back for free

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
So what if I keep it and later on it becomes a paid feature. Will I be charged since its tied to my Apple id?
Apple wouldn't be that rude. To make members download it, then say, oh sorry, you have to pay. You probably wouldn't be charged. Or they might to a limited time free,and then have them be free. But then if you get it after the time, you pay

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
Find my iPhone is free. Deleting the app will not make you end up buying it to reinstall it. Just redownload.

Find my iPhone uses your Apple iTunes log in ID. If you have Mobile Me, which you pay for, then you can use it for the Find my iPhone.

Bottom line, no cost and you can delete the app and redownload no cost.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
so it is only for 4.2 iPhone4?

doesn't work for my 4.1 iPhone4...........

danbrumit

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Elkton, MD
A iPhones default settings have find iPhone turned off. So if my iPhone was stolen, the first thing I would want to do is wipe it. Then track the a-- hole down. But does the wipe feature reset the phone to factory standards? So would the wipe feature disable tracking?

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
A iPhones default settings have find iPhone turned off. So if my iPhone was stolen, the first thing I would want to do is wipe it. Then track the a-- hole down. But does the wipe feature reset the phone to factory standards? So would the wipe feature disable tracking?
Yes, unfortunately, it will. The wipe feature is when you have given up hope of recovery and want to protect your information.

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
Find my iPhone is free. Deleting the app will not make you end up buying it to reinstall it. Just redownload.

Find my iPhone uses your Apple iTunes log in ID. If you have Mobile Me, which you pay for, then you can use it for the Find my iPhone.

Bottom line, no cost and you can delete the app and redownload no cost.
If you don't have MobileMe, it's free for find my iPhone or find my iPad. You don't have to pay for MobileMe for this service, just sign into MobileMe with your Apple ID.

And, you don't need the app for it to work. It just needs to be enable on your iPhone. Your iPhone and/or iPad, do need to be powered on for it to work.

Sent from my iPhone 4 on AT&T