Is Gevey Sim draining my battery? I think so.

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by Awais Kazi, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Awais Kazi

Awais Kazi New Member

I've recently bought an iPhone 5 (locked, unlocked with a goguo gevey) and I must agree that iPhone is one of the best devices ive ever had lol.

Every night my phone loses about 30% charging overnight and i've gotten sick about it, every night I charge and sleep and in the morning I find 30% drained without calls and merely a sms?

I always believed I had some jailbreaked tweaks that might be responsible for this but last night I put my iPhone on airplane mode and slept and in the morning I was amazed to observe the battery drained was a mere 3%? Im positive for sure that network is draining my battery but why? The network signals are amazing here and ive never faced such problems with other phone?

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

With iOS 7, things like Auto App Refresh, Auto App Update, and even Push email can contribute to overnight battery drain. That said, a drop like you describe indicates more than a few apps updating. Turn off the afore mentioned features and do a hard reset. Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release. Try that and see how it does. Let us know what happens. Someone else may have other ideas. Good luck!

3. Awais Kazi

Awais Kazi New Member

I turned off Auto App Refresh and deleted all the jailbreak tweeks, the wifi is off including any other features that could be turned off.. Im gonna try it tonight again.. But I'm pretty sure its gotta do something with the network.

#3 Awais Kazi, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  4. Awais Kazi

Awais Kazi New Member

I know this is a stupid question but could it be because I have a gevey sim and the phone needs to read the gevey chip first and then the sim?
    I don't know but an hour on call drains about 12-15% of battery, is it normal?
    Im using 2G btw and the cellular data is always off.

5. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

I'm wondering if you are using 2G if there is a huge drain on the battery than if you were on 3G or 4G as it might have to pull more power. Voice drains battery too depending on how long is the call.

6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Yep, a weak signal will drain on the battery more.

7. Awais Kazi

Awais Kazi New Member

FYI we don't have 3G/4G coverage in my area.

8. Awais Kazi

Awais Kazi New Member

The signals aren't weak here, I always have full signal bars at my home, I also a huawei P1 which doesn't drain as much battery.

9. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

"Weak" may have been the wrong word. I don't see 2G very often. If not weak, then slow. Or slower than. But I have no clue if slower would contribute to battery drain. :)

10. Awais Kazi

Awais Kazi New Member

and I don't see 3G very often here haha :) (3G/4G and LTE has been launched altogether a few weeks before here in Pakistan, so it doesn't work in most of the cities)
    3rd world country citizen here fellas :)

Anyway, I have other phones at my house and all of them seem to work just fine.

P.S : today I lost 10% in 3.5 hours of standby and the only tweak I have for now is appsync from insanelyi.
    It did not solve the issue, I don't know but im doubtful enough that the drain might be because of the gevey sim :/

11. hmfc-1874

hmfc-1874 Contributor
    Silver

Buy one of the battery cases

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

We don't allow discussion of app piracy here and we don't provide tech support for problems caused by it. Continuing to discuss it will result in an infraction. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.