Is iCloud email working well for everyone?

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Thinking about switching to iCloud, but first I wanted to gauge the feedback from the everythingiCafe community. Is it working well for everyone, or?

Last edited by a moderator:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
everything except bookmark syncing.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I've been testing my iCloud email virtually all day. And thus far it seems to be working better ever...

Weird.

Also, I received an email from Mobile ME today, reminding me to move my old Mobile ME account [I had two] from Mobile ME to iCloud. I moved it today, and have an extra 20GB or so, till June 2012. I might have to test my iCloud email a bit more. I certainly want it to work correctly, because the one thing I hate the MOST about GMail is the ads on the web interface.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
...you see when one speaks too soon, what happens is things STOP working! So, iCloud email is not PUSHing anymore, albeit it worked fine for about 48 hours.

I give up, I'll stick with GMail. Maybe I'll use a client for GMail to thus avoid seeing the ads on their website.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
I dunno....
iCloud backup on my 4S saved me since I had not sync'd w/my PC recently when I had it replaced last week....

PnutzNcoke

Dec 16, 2011
I rec'd an email that I was running out of iCloud memory, so I went in settings to turn off games, banks, etc so I wouldn't have to pay for more memory.
I didn't touch my email settings, but now I'm getting notifications for emails and when I try to go to my inbox, I can see the email disappear from the list.
Really appreciate any advice ... Not really understanding the iCloud.

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
I say turn the email off, wait 30 seconds or so and turn it back on again...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

itsalexaye

Bronze
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
zamkato.com
It's working great for me, but I think the web interface isn't as lightweight as gmail. Seems to take longer to load to me.

jagxk

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
Dunwoody, Georgia
Everything is working great. Had a little trouble earlier with my contacts but finally got that corrected (was my error).

OEDE31

Feb 20, 2012
I want to sync the iCloud mail between my Mac, iPad, iPhone and iCloud website, so that if I delete an email in one, it is deleted in the others. Is this possible? If that is the case, can I migrate my other emails (yahoo) to iCloud and achieve the same?

sonic1519

Jan 26, 2011
yes icloud so far is working. email ok. but as one member stated it seems slower the gmail.
but i figure that's because iv'e got a pc. don't really care for the way it took over my outlook2010
calendar. i sync everything to icloud so it became my default calendar. but it syncs all my contacts
perfect.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Not sure why, but ever since I posted, I haven't had any issues with iCloud going offline. Maybe I reverse jinxed myself. Either way, I'll take it. It was starting to get extremely annoying. Thankfully, I don't count on that account for the bulk of my email. It's only for personal stuff and that too even gets pushed to my Gmail account from time to time.