Is IOS 9 running slow for anyone else on iPhone 6+?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kerriberri

Contributor
Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
I update my 6+ to IOS 9 the day it came out and then updated to 9.0.1 when it came out. Now my phone seems to be a little laggy and I've done a hard reset but it occasionally still lags. Any ideas what I could do.

Little backstory: I switched to a 6+ from a 6 in August and just did a restore from iCloud then both updates were OTA...could that be part of my issue? I normally set up as new with new hardware but for whatever reason that never crossed my mind going from a 6 to a 6+.

Thanks!

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I update my 6+ to IOS 9 the day it came out and then updated to 9.0.1 when it came out. Now my phone seems to be a little laggy and I've done a hard reset but it occasionally still lags. Any ideas what I could do.

Little backstory: I switched to a 6+ from a 6 in August and just did a restore from iCloud then both updates were OTA...could that be part of my issue? I normally set up as new with new hardware but for whatever reason that never crossed my mind going from a 6 to a 6+.

Thanks!
I'm running iOS 9.1 beta 2, and by a general feel from comments of others running it, it is smoother and less laggy than 9 and 9.0.1.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

Thanks!
I did the full 9.0.1 update and set up from scratch and mine lags at times as well. It's just firmware bugs. You don't need to restore. I would just wait until 9.1 comes out or start running the beta.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
This is an interesting article if you feel your iPhone 6 (or any older model) is suddenly running slower.

Please note that I'm only saying it's an interesting article; I'm not implying it's the sole definitive reason why your iPhone may seem slower.

Please also note that I'm not addressing any one specific person in this post. This is being posted for all who may come across it.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
This is an interesting article if you feel your iPhone 6 (or any older model) is suddenly running slower.

Please note that I'm only saying it's an interesting article; I'm not implying it's the sole definitive reason why your iPhone may seem slower.

Please also note that I'm not addressing any one specific person in this post. This is being posted for all who may come across it.
Wow. That was one huge disclaimer, dude. :D