Is iPhone backup frozen or just slow?

Jan 9, 2008
I've looked online about slow backup and freezing one person said you can stop the backup I couldn't get that to work. Anyway I cant tell if it's froze or just that slow. Its been goin for like 2 hours already. I just wanna update my phone.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Did you try clicking the little 'x' in the Sync status window where it says 'Backing up YOURiPhoneNAME'?

If so, and it's unresponsive, I think it may well just be hung, as that always responds for me ...

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I've looked online about slow backup and freezing one person said you can stop the backup I couldn't get that to work. Anyway I cant tell if it's froze or just that slow. Its been goin for like 2 hours already. I just wanna update my phone.
An normal backup/synchronize of the iPhone in iTunes shouldn't take more than 10 minutes or so. It must be a very slow computer/laptop you're using!?

Try this: When iTunes backup/synchronize the iPhone - go click on your iPhone's name in the left side of iTunes panel!? (The name you gave your iPhone last time..) This could kick the iTunes out of this "frozen" thing you see!

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
Try to delete the old back ups and keep the last back up date. It should speed it up some.