is iPhone shockproof?

gabhii

Sep 9, 2009
My iPhone fell from 1 meter high desk today.
Is there anything I should double check on my iPhone?
I'm kinda worried if anythings broken. So its kinda emergency :) thanks..
Gabi.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I would just make sure it turns on/off,run a few apps,and make a call. The phone is pretty tough, but a lot depends on the angle that it hits. If you run a few test and everything is fine, you are probably OK.

Sep 4, 2009
NH
I've dropped mine from that height onto a hard tile floor a couple of times with no noticeable damage.

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The nice thing is that the drive in the iPhone is flash; so where the normal shock to the drive from a drop could have adverse effects on a hard drive with movable parts, it won't for flash.

gabhii

Sep 9, 2009
Ohh thank you so much for the responds. Yeaa I think iPhone is pretty tough. Love it. Hope I won't find any broken things later.

atldvd

Bronze
Jan 8, 2008
N.E. Oklahoma
I've also dropped mine from that height before with no problems. My wife actually dropped her iPhone in the parking garage down the center of the stairwell onto a concrete floor below. No damage occurred. I'm not sure how many feet it was, but it was a long drop. It was in some sort of case, but still, I was amazed. That phone lasted for 2 years till she replaced it with a 3GS. All in all, the iPhone is quite durable. I only wish it was water resistant!

Jun 30, 2009
My younger dropped mine two days ago from my table. I was very worried of the health of my favorite toy. Suddenly switched it off and on, checked some essential apps, all worked just fine. So I became tension free. iPhone is very resistant.

T

trulatsub

depend on your luck

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
Depends on cases, and angles and things. I always keep mine in a case, unless I'm cleaning the phone and the grit that gets stuck in the case. :)