Is it just me or is Customize confusing?

KabaModern

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Perhaps it may just be myself, but I find Customize 2.0 to be quite confusing. I've never used Customize before, but the Theme Browser seems to confuse the heck out of me. Half of the slider images I download never show up when I go to apply them. I see in the preview the slider image, download it and then go back to apply it and the image is missing. This has happened on numerous different file sets.

It appeared from screenshots of the old Customize it was a lot easier to navigate around. I don't know...what do you think?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
customize has always been terrible. i jumped ship as soon as Poof was released.

kbhark

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I also have Customize 2.0 and HATE it! Also heard many people are having major problems with it as well.

Can somebody PLEASE explain how I can downgrade back to the original customize...i can't find it on installer anymore. Help!

Thanks in advance.

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
I have had both versions of Customize. I actually like 1.21 better, but 2.0 just takes a while to get used to. After I learned how to use it, it's really pretty cool.

jjsquizz

Bronze
Nov 10, 2007
Los Angeles
That's what I said. I was frustated as hell when I first tried to use it. I finally figured it out and now I navigate around it very easily. It also has some cool features. For those that are having a hard time, play with it awhile. If you figure it ouit, I think you will enjoy the app.

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
i like it because you can really make your own theme just from that program and mix andmatch icons easily

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Is it just me or is customize a steaming pile of poop?

Seriously, I'm kinda tired of threads related to this app. Customization is fun, but not worth disabling one's phone. Which is what Customize seems fond of.

Now, I know a dozen people will chime in and say it works flawlessly for them. Good for them. This app sucks.

It's good for those who like to change their theme several times a day on the fly and can't spare 10 megs for duplicate wallpaper and icon files.

This app sucks. Rant over. SMB + SSH + "a little self restraint" for life, fools! Peace...

kbhark

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Can anybody tell me where to SSH my custom themes and icons to Customize 2.0. I can't figure out where to put them. It's not the same as 1.2.1.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Is it just me or is customize a steaming pile of poop?

Seriously, I'm kinda tired of threads related to this app. Customization is fun, but not worth disabling one's phone. Which is what Customize seems fond of.

Now, I know a dozen people will chime in and say it works flawlessly for them. Good for them. This app sucks.

It's good for those who like to change their theme several times a day on the fly and can't spare 10 megs for duplicate wallpaper and icon files.

This app sucks. Rant over. SMB + SSH + "a little self restraint" for life, fools! Peace...
yep. been saying it for months...

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
I also have Customize 2.0 and HATE it! Also heard many people are having major problems with it as well.

Can somebody PLEASE explain how I can downgrade back to the original customize...i can't find it on installer anymore. Help!

Thanks in advance.
kbhark, just get Modded Customize. It's the closest you're gonna get to the old Customize.