Is it just me, or is the 5 real easy to ding?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by rmfnla, Nov 12, 2012.

1. rmfnla

rmfnla Member

I just got my 5 and it's already got a few noticeable dings on the aluminum frame.

I have always used a slide-in case, prefering the feel of the plain phone, but I am concerned that it's going to be a mess in no time.

Has anyone else noticed this?
  2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius

It's totally normal!

But, seriously, I have read many accounts by fellow members here on eiC of how their phones dinged easily, and in some cases had minor imperfections right out of the box.

If you want to read more about this subject, go on Google and search for "iPhone 5 easy to scratch". You'll find hundreds of articles.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Dre180

Dre180 Member

The phone is too easy to ding. It's absolutely true. Before my phone left the box for me to use I immediately had ghost armor put on it. Then a bumper style case. I would love to go without a case and just ghost armor but I'm afraid to bang it up and lose resale value.
  5. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius

It's way to easy to ding/scratch. Get a case ASAP.
  6. Edge1978

Edge1978 Member

To avoid any scuffing or chipping I put a full body zagg and speck case on it immediately.
  7. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius

Not a ding on mine yet.
  8. Mommy

Mommy Zealot

Really? I dropped mine on walmarts floor.. Had a mini heart attack thinking it was destroyed because it only had a back cover on it (it fell face down!) but when I picked it up not a scratch was on it! Watch now that I say this, it will shatter with me touching it LOL.
  9. rmfnla

rmfnla Member

10. rmfnla

rmfnla Member

Another reason to avoid Walmart... :D
    • Funny Funny x 1