Is it just me, or is the 5 real easy to ding?

rmfnla

Bronze
I just got my 5 and it's already got a few noticeable dings on the aluminum frame.

I have always used a slide-in case, preferring the feel of the plain phone, but I am concerned that it's going to be a mess in no time.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I just got my 5 and it's already got a few noticeable dings on the aluminum frame.

I have always used a slide-in case, preferring the feel of the plain phone, but I am concerned that it's going to be a mess in no time.

Has anyone else noticed this?
It's totally normal!

But, seriously, I have read many accounts by fellow members here on eiC of how their phones dinged easily, and in some cases had minor imperfections right out of the box.

If you want to read more about this subject, go on Google and search for "iPhone 5 easy to scratch". You'll find hundreds of articles.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Last edited by a moderator:

Dre180

Bronze
Apr 16, 2007
New York (Soon to be Chicago)
The phone is too easy to ding. It's absolutely true. Before my phone left the box for me to use I immediately had ghost armor put on it. Then a bumper style case. I would love to go without a case and just ghost armor but I'm afraid to bang it up and lose resale value.

Edge1978

Bronze
Feb 7, 2009
To avoid any scuffing or chipping I put a full body zagg and speck case on it immediately.

Mommy

Zealot
Gold
Feb 19, 2011
NY
Really? I dropped mine on walmarts floor.. Had a mini heart attack thinking it was destroyed because it only had a back cover on it (it fell face down!) but when I picked it up not a scratch was on it! Watch now that I say this, it will shatter with me touching it LOL.

rmfnla

Bronze
Really? I dropped mine on walmarts floor.. Had a mini heart attack thinking it was destroyed because it only had a back cover on it (it fell face down!) but when I picked it up not a scratch was on it! Watch now that I say this, it will shatter with me touching it LOL.
Another reason to avoid Walmart... :D