Is it just me or...

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Is it just me or am I the only one that is absolutely in love with the way the iPhone notifies you of new messages. The little red bubble, I just text people sometimes to get the little red bubble. Its just so well done.

That is all I wanted to say. :p

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Personally, while I like the form factor of message notification, I'm really anal about checking messages right away and getting rid of that indicator.

Maybe it's just me.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Personally, while I like the form factor of message notification, I'm really anal about checking messages right away and getting rid of that indicator.

Maybe it's just me.
Well I'm the same also, but I just love getting the indicator.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Just you. LOL. I don't think any of us would own an iPhone if there wasn't some aspect that appealed to each and every one.

Buffy

Zealot
Gold
Jan 20, 2008
::snicker:: That little bubble drives me insane, I have to get it off of there! But I do see what you're saying. ;)

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
The phone does so many of these little things well that sometimes they almost get taken for granted.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
reminds me of a current annoyance of mine. I had to install a special version of PocketGuitar to get it to work right, and I keep getting signs for an update. Well, reluctantly, I installed the update (which is what made it not work before)... it works, but it keeps telling me there is another update for it.

So I always have a little red bubble "1" on my installer icon. Annoys me to no end.

dom

Mar 26, 2008
love the badge

embrace the badge, love it and learn to use it. make it work with your theme, localize the apps with badge notification. Put them all in a row, or one in each corner. Ericas utilities offer a function to badge any app. maybe you could just use that to stop the notifications? see how it badges and disable that function on the installer icon? i love the notifications, usually my whole dock is full of little red dots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I happen to like the notification bubbles as well. I would probably forget most of the voicemails that I receive because I don't always listen to them immediately, so they're a nice little reminder.

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
I happen to like the notification bubbles as well. I would probably forget most of the voicemails that I receive because I don't always listen to them immediately, so they're a nice little reminder.
I just find them so well done. I used to always miss texts and voicemails because I didn't check the top of the phone all the time.