Is it just me (?)

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by dmoskaluk, Oct 1, 2016.

1. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Having over the last couple of days done the iOS 10 update (from iOS 9.3.5 to 10.0.2) on all devices at our home, I have observed, much to my delight that all devices screen resolution seems sharper, all speaker volumes a bit louder and fuller, and everything a bit peppier and snappier. The updates themselves, being a 'full step', were done in iTunes on the Mac and were definitely faster to complete than any I've ever done in the past. The devices are my wife's iPhone 6Plus, my iPhone 6, her iPad Air 2 and my iPad mini 4.....
    We have been basically totally Apple converts since 2012 and this experience has been the best ever

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I've been hesitating to update my 6s to iOS 10 but your post is making me feel less hesitant. :)

3. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

I've always been notorious for holding off on updates until the rest of the world can test drive. Being conservative has saved me a lot of grief, and the one time I broke my rule of 'about a month' for full updates which I do on iTunes, and 'at least a week' for incrementals, (done OTA) I hooped myself into losing most sounds for all the 3rd party apps in both my phone and my wife's ... It was fixed next go-round ( about 3 weeks) and was an early iOS 9 incremental if I remember right. I always do the iPads first as in the event of a bricking, a phone can replace an iPad temporarily, but not really vice versa. Having said that, last night and this mornings update tasks were 'hot knife through butter' to do, and had a very pleasing result. Go for it!!

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I’ve had no issues here, except for that odd phenomenon I described over here. But that probably existed since before iOS 10.

They also neglected to fix this pre-existing issue, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say that this won’t be a dealbreaker for you.

Lastly, I’m sure you already know you’re going to lose the gun emoji and instead get a plastic neon green water gun emoji that looks like something Tim Cook and Elton John designed together so that they could squirt each other with it.

Oh, and as @imutter mentioned elsewhere, the new multilingual spell check/predictive text engine is a hoot and a half, so if you speak a second language and use it regularly, life will immediately get easier for you.

To sum up, iOS 10 works swimmingly and I would not hesitate to recommend it to you.

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I hear ya! I'm on a 5 and since its at the very bottom of the list, I'm VERY hesitant to update to iOS 10

6. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List