Is it just me.....?

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
....or are the new banners here on EIC slowing the site down? Seems like every time I open a new page here, my browsers always saying "waiting on pub(dot)clicksor(dot)net or something along those lines. As it says in the title, "is it just me" (or my browser/plugins)?

Using Firefox

WetNsmelly

Jun 18, 2009
banners are rather annoying

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I don't see them, and I never notice any slowdown - if anything, the forums seem quite speedy to me lately. I use Safari, but I have Safari AdBlock installed - get an AdBlocker for Firefox and you should be fine.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Yeah, I have adblocker at work, but not at home and the difference is night and day

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Ads = Chris's mortgage... and other expenditures such as servers, utility bill etc.

The ads/banners are what keep EIC or the other everything sites from "asking to donate".

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I never see them. Firefox has some amazing add on features, try using adblock. It will also let you specifically block animated flashing avatars etc.

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Does the Safari Ad blocker stop those VERY annoying box ads that move from the left or right to the center of the screen? As well as that full page ad where you need to click in the top left "continue to website"?

Those two ads piss me off.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Does the Safari Ad blocker stop those VERY annoying box ads that move from the left or right to the center of the screen? As well as that full page ad where you need to click in the top left "continue to website"?

Those two ads piss me off.
It stops everything for me. I haven't seen an ad or anything like one for months.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I don't use Megavideo, but I wold assume it would work there. Like I said, haven't seen an ad, banner, or pop-up of any sort in quite a while.

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
Thanks everyone. I installed adblock for Firefox and all is well again. Everytime I clicked anything here at EIC I kept getting "pop-under" windows and it slowed me down to a crawl. I understand Ad's pay the bills and I wasn't trying to bicker about it, but it had just happened recently that EIC is using a different banner company and I was actually trying to see if my PC was infected or if everyone else noticed the change. Thanks again!

WetNsmelly

Jun 18, 2009
That they might be, but they get the bills paid. If you don't like them, give Chris a check, and I am sure he would be happy to remove them.
sounds good, how much charity does chris need? i'll be happy to donate to a nice site. just let me know who to write it out to and how much.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
feel like donating to a brotha that's down on his luck? I need about 6 grand to get that new TV I always wanted. It will make me feel so much better, and you will feel better for making me feel better...

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
sounds good, how much charity does chris need? i'll be happy to donate to a nice site. just let me know who to write it out to and how much.
He needs a lot. Whatever you can spare. Give Chris a lookup, and ask him how much he needs. You could also just buy all of your accessories from the store at the top of the site. That would probably also be quite helpful to someone trying to make a living!:p

AdrianCubed

Zealot
Gold
Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Are the Everything sites his sole source of income? No day job on the site? part time job on the side?

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
Chris is rich he doesn't need your money, you can click an ad or click the [x] on the top , that wont make or break him ..
this is his toilet paper

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Lol now I'm curious as to how much profit he makes. Obviously the ads are needed to pay for the hosting and bandwidth because with this many users and the buttload of content, the monthly fees must be huge. Chris doesn't make a living off these 9 websites does he?