Is it just my iPhone that keeps having texting issues?

phred26

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
Oakville, ON, Canada
K so i had that annoying problem where my text messages were out of order but that was fixed when i updated to 1.1.4 using ziPhone...well now my text messages are in order but when someone sends me a text message the time is 4 or 5 hours early BUT this only happens for the first message they send, the rest of the conversation is in order...this may be a small issue but i use text messages as alibis when arguing with my friends lol, and plus sometimes i actually need to know the time someone sent me the message...SO, does anyone have any suggestions?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
are you, by chance, in the vicinity of a flux capacitor?

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
K so i had that annoying problem where my text messages were out of order but that was fixed when i updated to 1.1.4 using ziPhone...well now my text messages are in order but when someone sends me a text message the time is 4 or 5 hours early BUT this only happens for the first message they send, the rest of the conversation is in order...this may be a small issue but i use text messages as alibis when arguing with my friends lol, and plus sometimes i actually need to know the time someone sent me the message...SO, does anyone have any suggestions?
I don't have this issue. I would restore and then use the pwnage tool to jailbreak. This should fix your problem. ZiPhone seems to have a lot of quirks. You could also use iLiberty.... Anyway, my point is: use something other than ziPhone to jailbreak.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I agree. Try using another method to Jailbreak. ZiPhone causes my phone to register as someone else's when I connect it to my Mac (Mikey's iPhone) and apparently a lot of other people had the same problem. Hopefully iLiberty or Pwnage can remedy the issue.