Is it me or are you disappointed with post Steve Jobs era

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SweepeR, Sep 22, 2012.

1. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

Post Jobs era -

Mountain Lion is complete garbage unless you are on a brand new or 2-3 year old mac. Slow, sluggish, Safari isn't usable, its a turtle as is Firefox, can't operate as many tasks at once, freezes on sleep mode than restarts on its own once it wakes up.

iOS6 - Maps has issues
    iP5 - came with ZERO cases
    iP5 - lots of people having issues restoring from back up
    Apple store - took 75 minutes for empoyee to "safe mode restore" and send me home claiming problem will be fixed now
    Apple store - 1 employee helps and multitasks nearly 4-5 customers at ONCE. Never seen that during Jobs era.
    Apple store - Phone is broken they ask you to come back when "genius bar opens" while it beign closed on launch day.

The list goes on and on, I never encountered such problems, headache, and droid like BULL crap since Post Jobs.

I spent the last 36 hours trying to fix a NEW phone than trying to get a phone that works, than trying to get a phone that can RESTORE its old phone syncs.

[Mod: Edited for langauge]

2. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

It's just you.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Pretty much you from most I've read.

An awful lot of people are thrilled with the new device.

Hope I'm not eating my words when my phone arrives. lol

4. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Mountain Lion ROCKS on my MacBook Air

Always had AWESOME service from Apple store and Apple customer service..

5. iPhoneFan10

iPhoneFan10 Member
    Bronze

I live Apple and have few problems with all my gear.. I can't sympathize.

6. SweepeR

SweepeR Member
    Bronze

i have over 9 Apple products and been an Apple person for almost 13 years now so Obvously this isn't my first experience or anything. I have noticed the massive difference in Post Jobs work.

7. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Have 0 problems and definitely none you mentioned. And foul lengauge isn't allowed in here.

8. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Neither are typos! Langauge. Lol

To the OP: your use of the f word shows your true character. It doesn't surprise me that we have one person complaining. I am certain Android would welcome you with open arms if you are disgusted with Apple. We personally won't miss you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Omigosh, my keyboard was in Spanish :D hola!

10. sonic1519

sonic1519 New Member

Iv'e only owned iPhones so can't speak about mac books. but anyway i had no issues upgrading to ios6 over wi-fi even. will admit though not blown away by the so called 200 changes. i never used maps only 2 or 3 times a year
    so i won't comment on that. Bluetooth sucks though it will sync but will not give turn by turn while the radio is
    playing. if i use maps i have to use a separate out on my radio. but then there's no music...... and as safari goes i haven't used it a total of 8 or 9 times since 2007. Sorry Google Chrome is just a lot faster and better over all.
    But hey i ain't changing its still iPhone all the way.... couldn't if i wanted to they got me tied into iTunes to deep!

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Trapped in that ol' Apple ecosystem, eh? Welcome to our world. :)

12. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Can't relate. Mountain Lion runs fine on my MacBook Pro circa 2009. All phones and iPads have worked great. The new iOS 6 does have a few bugs, but what new release for iOS hasn't. They'll put out an update soon, and assume it will address the new Maps app as well.

13. Muckcityjustin

Gold

multiple iPhones, ipad, macbook pro, zero problems with any of them. Even the iPhone 5 so far is perfect. I used the maps today for the first time and it worked absolutely flawless.

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

What are you? Some kind of troublemaker? :D

15. Muckcityjustin

Gold

who me? noooo way not me:sneaky:

16. ITS ME DAVID

ITS ME DAVID Evangelist
    Gold

I have had no problems from Apple so far besides be exchanging my 4s 3 times but everything I was in and out of Apple with a refurb less then 20 minutes and my iPhone 5 so far is trouble free.

17. Hondamaker

Hondamaker Genius
    Gold

Just you, I guess, SweepeR.

18. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

If anything, what you describe isn't necessarily the post-Jobs era, but rather a huge machine of a company. These are hiccup, hiccups that come with secrecy, massive product launches and delivering millions of iPhones to mostly happy customers in the span of one day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  19. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

No problems with Maps here.

No surprise they didn't have any cases. They barely just announced the phone. Accessory makers now have to scramble and go revamp their products so that they work with the new stuff.

Of course it takes 75 minutes to do a complete restore. That's downloading iOS 6 for the iPhone 5 (likely at least a gigabyte), wiping the phone clean, and reinstalling the OS from scratch. Ever done that yourself?

Why wouldn't the Apple store employees each be busy with 4-5 customers at once on launch day?

Sorry you got a dud, but when they ship out millions of phones, there's bound to be a few bad ones. Perfection is impossible.

Also, weren't you jailbroken on the backup you were trying to restore from?

20. John Tierney

John Tierney Heretic
    Bronze

Bestbuy in my area had at least a dozen different cases avalible on Friday night.
    And yes it's just you. ;) IMO