Is it my iPhone?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I am having the constant problem of missed calls because i do not hear my iPhone ring most of the time. If I have it in my purse or pocket I can't hear it at all. Sometimes I just feel the small vibration. And forget about knowing when I get a txt message, I have to look at my phone every 15 minutes to see if there is a new message. This is when I discover I either have a miss call, voice mail, or txt message. Is it just my phone or is anyone else having this problem. It's really starting to irritate me. I went to Apple to buy a case and the guy said no one has complained about this problem. He wasn't very friendly and just suggested I make an appointment for another day because they are too busy. I don't live close to an Apple store so its really out of the way to go back but I just wanted to see if anyone else was having this problem.
Thanks

genexrocket

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
i don't think it's just you, I sometimes have this problem in mildly loud places...just make sure to use the ringtones that are most audible such as alarm and sonar :)

cdoyle

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Well i have had two iPhones my first one was defective...long story but ya it did seem like it was hard to hear. But on my new iPhone the ringer seems louder and i can actually hear it. Im just excited for custom ringtones that are louder and more noticeable and im hoping they allow us to change the notification sounds pretty soon because i cant always hear when im getting a text.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
yes, I hope they do let us change the alerts on arriving txt messages, voicemail, etc. And I hope it's way louder!
I might go back to an Apple store just to see if they can compare it to another phone. As much as I hate driving all the way back there for the 3rd time.:(

Mac Insomniac

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
I couldn't hear mine in my pocket today. The vibrate did alert me to the call but barely. No big woop. But I will try the ringtones. Good idea!

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
yeah. hopefully that would be our next update.... louder ringtones, and customizable ringtones

RomeoSto

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Chicago IL
I had that problem with my emails and text when i first brought my phone because the notifcation is so quick. I brought this case and it seem to have solved the issue:

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...d=cat980639&q_sku=sku980649&_requestid=146769

I know that nothing will fix the issue I have in my car when my sounds are disturbin the peace but i'm not complaining. I like my beat down low, down low, down low, I like my top let back, let back, let back.

msfamilia

Jul 11, 2007
you are not alone..... happens to me also.....

well, we bought iPhone...... surely our pockets are too deep and it sinks too much for us to hear the ringtone..... :cool:

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
I'm having the same problem, but only hearing text messages. When I'm out and about, I've been using the old phone sound which I haven't had much of a problem with. But the text messages and voicemail sounds I can't hear unless the phone is right next to me and it is really quiet. I can't believe that they were this shortsighted with the text and VM notifications not being able to be changed. I have to check my phone every 15 minutes to see if there's a new text or anything. This update is a must for me.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I hardly ever hear my phone ring or hear the text alerts. If we could put custom alerts and ringtones on there it should alleviate the problem. Definitely need more text alert options.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Yeah I wish the speaker was louder .. although don't we all lol.. a really high pitched ringtone will do the trick I guess..

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Could this possibly be resolved in an update?
This is what I am setting my hopes on because I love my phone, but is it possible for them to make it louder or change options on tones for alerts in an update? One of you techy people please let me know what you think, my 14 days is up this week.:eek:

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
Join the club and i hate the fact that every alert is the same no mater what type of message you get, i hope updates will fix this it's all annoying

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
But do you guys think this can be fixed by an upgrade?
I spoke with a tech at the 800 number and told me it sounded like a hardware problem and I should go to Apple to have my phone switched to a new one so I am going tomorrow, but if you guys all have this problem then what's the point? I love the phone but I feel like I am just settling with what I have and on the other hand I paid $500 so why should I settle for this. I just wish I new if this was going to be in the upgrade, my time for return is getting close.:(