is it normal for my 4s to be shipped from China to Arizona?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Appleboy

Bronze
Jan 24, 2011
preordered on 7th on my Apple app, last night got the email it a tracking # ups etc.. first time ordering, thought it'd be from cupertino that's all.. lol

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Release day preorders are shipped directly from China. It was the same situation with the 3GS and iPhone 4. They go from China, to Hong Kong, to Alaska, and then to the USB hub in Kentucky. If they arrive in Kentucky early, they are held there until 1-2 days before release day. Each year, a few slip through and leave Kentucky early and they are delivered two days early. I think one guy received his Verizon 4S today. Last year, most of us got them one day early.

Oct 1, 2011
Originally AT&T said it would be shipped via fed ex. But when I got the tracking number it now says ups. Wonder if location had something to do with who provided the service?

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
don't have to be a smart ass about it.. I know it's made in China but products do come from places where it's located..
Umm, lots of posts/threads here about shipments coming from China. And yeah, does anything come from somewhere that it's not located. Anyway, you know it's made in China. You thought it wasn't located in China.

Sent from my iPod touch using iCafe app

kidclam

Oct 17, 2007
Sucks that it won't be available in Hong Kong until after 2nd phase of country releases. Really disappointed given where the phone is originally located.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I remember ordering my first iPhone (v1) online in september '07 (two months after iDay), and it was also shipped from China. That was a rough few days. I was like, "China? really? Surely there are some at the Apple store hubs..."