is it ok to restore and update to 1.1.2 after jailbreaking 1.1.1

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

pheevah

Oct 31, 2007
So I used jailbreakme.com to jailbreak my iPhone and it's starting to act a little funny. So, I'm going to restore it. I have it connect to iTunes and hit the restore button, it says that 1.1.2 is available, asks if I want to back up, which I do, and then it says do I wanna restore AND upgrade to 1.1.2.... not 1.1.1.... so my question is, am I going to brick my iPhone if I do a restore and update to 1.1.2? I'm nervous.

pheevah

Oct 31, 2007
have you unlocked your iPhone?..... If you haven't unlocked it then the new updated firmware will not brick your iPhone.
I don't THINK I unlocked it. I'm still using AT and T, am an AT and T customer, and just jailbroke it. Are the two things ubiquitous or do they mean two separate things?

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
If you just jailbroke it and didn't install any of the unlocking stuff (which I don't know why you would if you are an AT&T customer), then your phone wont' be bricked.

pheevah

Oct 31, 2007
If you just jailbroke it and didn't install any of the unlocking stuff (which I don't know why you would if you are an AT&T customer), then your phone wont' be bricked.
I don't think that i DID unlock it per se. I installed installer.app, and a bunch of apps through that, but I don't THNK anythnig that unlocks any sim chips or anything. Just games and stuff.

I'll try it tonight. Hopefully there's no issues. ANyone else try it?

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
I unlocked my iPhone just to see if my brother's t-mobile service would work on it.

If I wanted to upgrade to 1.1.2, what would be the best route to take?

Thanks.