Is it over for 1.1.1?

gerstyd

Bronze
Sep 17, 2007
The funny thing (to me) is say in a week "they" crack 1.1.1 then 1.2 or 1.1.2 or whatever is going to come out and we are going to see the same threads and people arw going to haveto wait yet again for the crack. And its going to be the same stupid loop. Anyone but me think its just not worth the pain? Especially if Apple starts regular updates like some have hinted. Just my thoughts. I say live with the phone. Its really is a nice phone inspite of what tinman says. ( wait for it..... Wait for it....BANG! His head just exploded! Just kidding tin.) thought i would just goof on you for a sec. (-:

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I am in the midst of updating my firmware now. I know, I am taking away my freedom available with the 1.0.2 update, but in all honesty, I really don't use anything beyond the normal scope of the phone, so I decided to take the plunge.
Worst comes to worst, I can always backrev...

Here is something strange though. I downloaded the new update when prompted through iTunes. It was much larger than it said. 159.4 MB is what it said, and it was almost an even 200.mb

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
The funny thing (to me) is say in a week "they" crack 1.1.1 then 1.2 or 1.1.2 or whatever is going to come out and we are going to see the same threads and people arw going to haveto wait yet again for the crack. And its going to be the same stupid loop. Anyone but me think its just not worth the pain? Especially if Apple starts regular updates like some have hinted. Just my thoughts. I say live with the phone. Its really is a nice phone inspite of what tinman says. ( wait for it..... Wait for it....BANG! His head just exploded! Just kidding tin.) thought i would just goof on you for a sec. (-:
Yup, it's going to be an ongoing war... But if Apple bricks the phones with every update, it's going to get tiresome for some to continually hack their phone. I know I don't want to deal with that after every update.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Yup, it's going to be an ongoing war... But if Apple bricks the phones with every update, it's going to get tiresome for some to continually hack their phone. I know I don't want to deal with that after every update.
I have a feeling that Apple is going to get tired of seeing their efforts thwarted after each update, get tired of seeing the iPhone hacked after they come up with a new update and a new way to hack-proof it. Jobs is going to say, "You know what? Fuggit! Let 'em do what they want, no more updates, no more 'goodies'. We'll make iPhone 2.0, learn from our mistakes, and make it impervious to hacking. We'll make it so that any attempt to change or alter the iPhone in any way will result in a bricked phone. We'll put this on a warning label right on the box. That'll teach 'em!"

Anyone...? Anyone? Bueller........? Bueller?

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
I have a feeling that Apple is going to get tired of seeing their efforts thwarted after each update, get tired of seeing the iPhone hacked after they come up with a new update and a new way to hack-proof it. Jobs is going to say, "You know what? Fuggit! Let 'em do what they want, no more updates, no more 'goodies'. We'll make iPhone 2.0, learn from our mistakes, and make it impervious to hacking. We'll make it so that any attempt to change or alter the iPhone in any way will result in a bricked phone. We'll put this on a warning label right on the box. That'll teach 'em!"

Anyone...? Anyone? Bueller........? Bueller?
sounds like swomething steve would do lol