Is it possible to activate an iPhone with a temp number and switch over to my real number?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mdwann

Sep 20, 2007
I have three months left on my Nextel contract, so it is cheaper to finish it out rather than pay the ETF. Is it possible to activate an iPhone with a temp number and switch over to my real number at the end of the contract?

Thanks for the help!

webb

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Southern NJ, USA
I don't know about that number. But I was with verizon and found it cheaper to continue the last three months of that contract than to pay the ETF. However, I didn't care about my old number. Someone who wants the same number may choose to wait for the iPhone or just pay the ETF.

FW

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I have three months left on my Nextel contract, so it is cheaper to finish it out rather than pay the ETF. Is it possible to activate an iPhone with a temp number and switch over to my real number at the end of the contract?

Thanks for the help!
You can activate your iPhone now with a new number, then when your nextel contract runs out go to an AT&T store and have the number ported over. This will automatically cancel your Nextel service. Takes likes 5 minutes.