Is it possible to add or delete a party to a current group text (iOS 6 or 7)?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by MrMike6by9, Jul 12, 2013.

1. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Consider this scenario - Two parents of a child with special needs travels weekly between both of their respective homes. The special needs person always requires transportation between home(s) and to/from social events. Thus, two or more people might need to be added to or dropped from an ongoing text conversation. Can recipients be added to or deleted from an existing text conversation as is often possible on a phone call?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Not that I'm aware of, but rather than frequently adding and deleting one person, wouldn't it be easier to have it set up like this:

- Have one texting thread for Brad, Sarah and Kathy.
    - Have another texting thread for Brad and Sarah.

Have the other person set their phone up the same. Then when either one doesn't want Kathy involved, she's not.

3. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Thanks. We, at least I, do it this way now to the degree that I have convos with each of the others but today, for example, there was an exchange between the son and his mother that I was part of but that didn't include the father. Being retired, I was being asked to transport the son back to his mother's home after an unscheduled celebration at a restaurant near me. Meanwhile, the father had planned to pick up the son on his way home from work. I learned of the change but the father, still at work, didn't know of the change until I did a copy/paste from that other convo. All the convos that I was party to were still on my phone so I had to copy/paste the message from the mother (the change of plans) so everyone could be on the same page.

Sent using iCafe app