Is it possible to dismiss an app update?

SwingOnThis

Bronze
Feb 29, 2008
I have the notice for the update for iWik, and the update removes all trademark infringements, including changing the icon for the recognizable 'W' to one w/ an 'i'. I would rather not update because i like the 'W' icon. Is there a way to dismiss this update, or will it sit there forever until i update it?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
I have the notice for the update for iWik, and the update removes all trademark infringements, including changing the icon for the recognizable 'W' to one w/ an 'i'. I would rather not update because i like the 'W' icon. Is there a way to dismiss this update, or will it sit there forever until i update it?
I don't know if there's a way to dismiss the update, but if your phone is jailbroken, you can manually change the icon.

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
yeah, that would be cool especially if you have 37 app updates and the badge icon is annoying everytime I see it.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
It won't dismiss it forever, but if you reboot your phone, the badge alert will go away until you go back into the appstore. If a simple reboot doesn't work, try a hard reset (hold home and power until it shuts off, then power up as normal).