Is it possible to hack into iPhone using master code?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2007
I set my passcode the moment I bought my iPhone. My co-worker always tries to get into my phone. Today, he was able to hack into my iPhone through a master code he found online. Has anybody heard of this? if so, what's the code? It actually gave him my four digit passcode number! Unbelievable!

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
I set my passcode the moment I bought my iPhone. My co-worker always tries to get into my phone. Today, he was able to hack into my iPhone through a master code he found online. Has anybody heard of this? if so, what's the code? It actually gave him my four digit passcode number! Unbelievable!
Why is your coworker trying to get into your phone? The fact that he's going to such effort to get into your stuff is a little concerning. May be time to lock up your personal items while at work, or talk to your manager/HR.

I haven't heard anything about a master code.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Why is your coworker trying to get into your phone? The fact that he's going to such effort to get into your stuff is a little concerning. May be time to lock up your personal items while at work, or talk to your manager/HR.
i'm guessing they're "work friends", or at least i'm hoping. i'd pret-ty much murder some guy if we weren't friends and he was messing with my iPhone.

and i have not heard ANYTHING about this "code-breaker".. although now i am highly intrigued..

Sep 28, 2007

I haven't heard anything about a master code.
I work for a small company and my co-worker is a friend. He did it for more of a "told you so" kind of thing. But, there is a way b/c he did it!

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
I work for a small company and my co-worker is a friend. He did it for more of a "told you so" kind of thing. But, there is a way b/c he did it!
Are you sure he didn't see you enter the code? You'd think if there was a master unlock it would have been discussed here already.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Are you sure he didn't see you enter the code? You'd think if there was a master unlock it would have been discussed here already.
that's exactly what i was thinking, OR you have a really easy pass like 1111 or 1234..

or your birthday

Sep 28, 2007
I'm sure! I even changed my passcode and he did it again! It's a 10 digit code he said... I'm serious! Think about it, if you send your iPhone in for service and don't delete your passcode. How do they get in? They have a master unlock code!

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I'm sure! I even changed my passcode and he did it again! It's a 10 digit code he said... I'm serious! Think about it, if you send your iPhone in for service and don't delete your passcode. How do they get in? They have a master unlock code!
well i figure they have one because THEY'RE APPLE! lol
BUT i figured that it would be a program they run, not a code.

eufo

Bronze
Aug 22, 2007
Miami
Well, if that's true, what's the point in having a passcode at all? I can't imagine it would be something so simple as just entering in 10 digits. If so, that's just reckless coding, or they don't care about privacy.

Sep 28, 2007
Well, if that's true, what's the point in having a passcode at all? I can't imagine it would be something so simple as just entering in 10 digits. If so, that's just reckless coding, or they don't care about privacy.
I COMPLETELY agree! I thought my information was safe and secure... but, it's not. Especially now!

Sep 28, 2007
Another question: Is he fully unlocking the phone, or is he just getting to the phone keypad?
haha... I'm not a dummy. He's fully getting into my phone. He said he inputs a 4 digit code which opens a screen where you input another 6 digit code. Then it reveals my passcode. Bizzaar?

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
haha... I'm not a dummy. He's fully getting into my phone. He said he inputs a 4 digit code which opens a screen where you input another 6 digit code. Then it reveals my passcode. Bizzaar?
Yes, it is. I'm at a loss. Is he doing this in front of you, or is he taking the phone away and coming back with it unlocked?

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
He does it in front of me.... I just can't see what he types in..
Well, the obvious answer is to have him show you how he does it. If he shows you, let us (and the tech media) know. If he won't show you, I'd be willing to bet he's getting your code somehow. Start looking for hidden cameras... :eek:

colombianito

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
i personally believe there is a master code...

on nokias and most motorolas, you can enter a combiantion of * digits and # in order to access different menus even while the phone is locked...one of the menus will provide the passcode, the combination of the *digits# will not actually allow you to use the phone or anything else if it is locked but if you know where to look it will provide you with the passcode,

on nokias, there is even a way to boost the signal strenght,,,, not by much but there is a way...

i wouldn't be surprise there is a way to do so in an iPhone, i mean so what if you do actually forget your passcode...there has to be a way to go into it and reset it... i believe it. nokias and motorolas cant be the only ones.

Sep 28, 2007
Well, the obvious answer is to have him show you how he does it. If he shows you, let us (and the tech media) know. If he won't show you, I'd be willing to bet he's getting your code somehow. Start looking for hidden cameras... :eek:
haha... There's no way he could've gotten my passcode twice.... I'm sure there's no camera's in my office.. He does it right in front of me. I just can't see what he's inputing into my phone. He wont tell me. He said he googled master passcodes, iPhone I've searched and searched but there's over 50 pages... He read it in a blog...

Sep 28, 2007
i personally believe there is a master code...

on nokias and most motorolas, you can enter a combiantion of * digits and # in order to access different menus even while the phone is locked...one of the menus will provide the passcode, the combination of the *digits# will not actually allow you to use the phone or anything else if it is locked but if you know where to look it will provide you with the passcode,

on nokias, there is even a way to boost the signal strenght,,,, not by much but there is a way...

i wouldn't be surprise there is a way to do so in an iPhone, i mean so what if you do actually forget your passcode...there has to be a way to go into it and reset it... i believe it. nokias and motorolas cant be the only ones.
YES! You are absolutely right! How do we find out though... How did you find out about the nokia's and motorola's codes? This is driving me crazy!

colombianito

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
YES! You are absolutely right! How do we find out though... How did you find out about the nokia's and motorola's codes? This is driving me crazy!
i found out about the nokia and motorola codes, back in Colombia... word of mouth basically... don't even remember them now...it was fun though, when i came here to the states, everybody was rocking them motorolas and nokias mostly, and in school all them kids would just lock them for the heck of it...i woul be like huh let me see it... and i would end up looking up their code, get out of the menu, go and unloclk the phone and then change the code... the thing is that i would do it so fast they wouldn't even suspect it, i would be like, oh man is locked, thats no cool...oh well bye...and then later they would find out they cant even get on to their own phone ...lol...

ummm maes me wanna find the codes again...nah, nobody have nokias anymore, everybody have iPhones now right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.