Is it possible to JailBreak a 1.0.2 iPhone

kiran7928

Sep 29, 2007
Hi im new to the forums i have looked all over the place please help, i have an iPhone with firmware 1.0.2 i have tried iBrickr in the past and it has worked fine, after the new firmware 1.1.1 came out i have not been able to jailbreak via iBrickr, my current firmware is 1.0.2 i have not upgraded to 1.1.1. thanks in dvance.

Hi would like to add, once i run ibrickr 0.8 after pressing free my iPhone, it is asking "need to download the iPhone firmware Fire up iTunes with your iPhone plugged in" should i go ahead, the reason i ask is because 1.1.1 is out, and what iTunes is recommended for this i currently have iTunes 7.3.0.54 Thank you.

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
Hi im new to the forums i have looked all over the place please help, i have an iPhone with firmware 1.0.2 i have tried iBrickr in the past and it has worked fine, after the new firmware 1.1.1 came out i have not been able to jailbreak via iBrickr, my current firmware is 1.0.2 i have not upgraded to 1.1.1. thanks in dvance.
you can jailbreak using 1.0.2 but currently we are not able to jailbreak with 1.1.1 :(

kiran7928

Sep 29, 2007
you can jailbreak using 1.0.2 but currently we are not able to jailbreak with 1.1.1 :(
Hi would like to add, once i run ibrickr 0.8 after pressing free my iPhone, it is asking "need to download the iPhone firmware Fire up iTunes with your iPhone plugged in" should i go ahead, the reason i ask is because 1.1.1 is out, and what iTunes is recommended for this i currently have iTunes 7.3.0.54 Thank you.

domi

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
Texas

hmmm i wouldn't be too sure on this one bud. i would think that you would have to upgrade in sequence in order to get to the 1.1.1 but im not 100% sure on that, and i don't want to give you the wrong info. anyone know the answer to this one?

x-ception

Bronze
Sep 15, 2007
what u need to do is download the 1.0.2 firmaware and when it asks u to restore and opens up iTunes hold down the Shift key and click on restore and it will ask for the restore file then point it towards the firmware u downloaded and then just let it get restored once done u can just go ahead and jailbreak it and then unlock if u want.

p.s. im assuming your using windows and not a mac.