Is it possible to make the iPhone able to multitask?

SickDude

Jan 18, 2009
if I jailbreak the iPhone, will I be able to have aim running in the background? Or have skype running off of 3G not wifi? I realize that these are two different topics really, but I'm kinda new to the whole thing. Thanks a lot.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
If you're jailbroken you can use apps like Insomnia or Backgrounder.

eplantz

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
in Cydia, find and install BACKGROUNDER. this allows you to switch screens and leave an app(s) to continue to run.

after installing, start your app, press the Home button for 2 seconds and now that app is running in the background.

SickDude

Jan 18, 2009
but how does that work as far as AIM? will it alert you when someone IMs you? can you mess around with it so that it alerts you as if it were a text or something?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
but how does that work as far as AIM? will it alert you when someone IMs you? can you mess around with it so that it alerts you as if it were a text or something?
If your phone is set on ring and not silent, you'll hear the AIM received IM noise. There's no way that I know of to get the IM to pop up.

In my experiences with AIM and Backgrounder, it works well if you want to go to something else on the phone, but if you plan on leaving it like that all day, it won't work as well...

SickDude

Jan 18, 2009
hmm... well what about changing the OS? is that possible? Putting Android on there or something?

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
hmm... well what about changing the OS? is that possible? Putting Android on there or something?
I believe Windows has been ported onto the iPhone, but nothing is available officially to change the OS, as of now.

Dec 8, 2008
N
I would lo e a change of Os. Or a mx Os which will allow apps from different platforms. I really doubt we will get that, i just won 1300$ on a scratcher, im not brag im just happy