Is it possible to name pictures in Photos app?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 3, 2014
Sweeden
Hello guys!
I have a quick question about my iPhone pictures.

Is it possible to give names to pictures in the original picture app?
Or du you have to buy another app to be able to give names to specific pictures?

//Thx for the help!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
You cannot name pictures in the Photos app. However, you can group pictures in a folder that has a name. Plus, if you share photos using Photo Stream, you can add a comment or name to a specific photo. Hope this helps.

When you get a moment, please review our guidelines for posting. Specifically the part regarding descriptive titles. It will help improve the overall quality of our forum. Thanks for your assistance.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I found this thread which notes that Documents 5 by Readlle can change the name of the file.
I have renamed photos in Documents 5 as well as in a photo album app called MyPhoto. What seems to happen is after renaming, the photo retains the new name while in that app, or after sent as email. But once the image is saved to the camera roll, the name reverts back to something like IMG_8769.JPG. The camera roll kills the name. I can also rename photos in Box. I don't see that option in Dropbox. So I save a named photo from Box back to my camera roll, then upload it back to Box. The name is then gone. So to keep an image named, don't save it to the camera roll. :)