Is it possible to stop predictive text on keyboard?

Empererred

Bronze
Jul 1, 2008
Is it possible to stop the predictive text input on the keyboard?

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
The only way if you can is jailbreak. Not sure if that even works? You don't like it?! I personally think it helps a ton especially with punciation.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
If you cancel the autocorrect on the fly for a word three times, it will add it to your dictionary. If you commonly use a lot of unfamiliar words, it might be worth it to "load them" into the dictionary manually by just going to notepad and typing/cancelling each one three times in a row.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I really like the autocorrect feature but I suppose I can understand why some would not. It's unfortunate that you can't more easily turn it off. I would suggest doing as psylichon suggested and that way a lot of your words will be remembered.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
My biggest problem right now is deciding if I type "yo" more than "to" ... thus justifying its addition to the dictionary. I do say "yo" in irc a lot, but I probably mistype "to" more often :)

V Diddy

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
My biggest problem right now is deciding if I type "yo" more than "to" ... thus justifying its addition to the dictionary. I do say "yo" in irc a lot, but I probably mistype "to" more often :)
oh man same exact issue for me! i almost always start my texts with "yo" to my friends, and it's kinad funny seeing "To what you up to?" hahaha

I did what you said and it added it to the dictionary, so when i type "yp" by mistake it corrects it, but if i type "yo" correctly it still corrects it to "to" -_-

i'm thinking it'd be faster just to type "yp" so it auto corrects when i just press space haha

V Diddy

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
cancel that.. just a while i ago it let me type "yo." sweet.