Is it possible to..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

inletdoc

Jan 11, 2007
Is it possible to sync with iTunes and pull info from the iPhone and place it on iTunes. I had to do a clean install on my computer, and lost all data stored on iTunes,(music, photos, contacts,etc...) I still of course have everything on the iPhone, but would like to back it up on iTunes. I know you can't take music off the iPhone, but can this be done with contacts and everything else?

Thanks

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
actually i think it just does this for things bought from theiTunes store not for your entire library. i just deleted a song from my library that i don't really evenm need, plugged in my iPhone, and all it did was sync and it just delete the same song from my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
2 words...iTunes sux! I'm looking into ways of getting around iTunes with a 3rd party app that lets you manage your music and backup your stuff like Microsoft Activesync which in my opinion is the only advantage their version of sync has over ours...God I hate iTunes...you have no freedom to do anything

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
When I lost everything on my computer, I used iGadget to get everything back. It worked great for the iPod; not sure what it does with the iPhone.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
2 words...iTunes sux! I'm looking into ways of getting around iTunes with a 3rd party app that lets you manage your music and backup your stuff like Microsoft Activesync which in my opinion is the only advantage their version of sync has over ours...God I hate iTunes...you have no freedom to do anything

Oh I see what you are trying to do now.