Is it sad?

iBrad

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I am really excited about the iPhone update on June 9th. I really can't wait until the application store comes out.... Well the problem is, I am going on a cruise on June 9th! Rofl I know that sounds really sad, but I am really bummed that I won't be able to get the update for a week :( I'm a nerd I guess... But don't get me wrong, I cant wait for the cruise. I did pay $460 bucks to go on this cruise. But would you be just a tad bit bummed if this happened to you? Or am I just a little bit too much iPhone obsessed?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I find that having something to look forward to is often the best part. Once it happens, it can be a letdown. Having something really cool like a cruise is fun to look forward to, but sometimes as the end approaches, you might get sad, having nothing else to look forward to.

This time, problem solved.

Seriously, I try not to think this way too much in life, but I hope it will help you through your crisis.

Great avatar, btw. You look like you just saw a spider while hitting the shutter button.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
Well, we're not sure the iPhone 2.0 software is being released at WWDC. Nor are we sure the next gen iPhone is being released then. If you're really a fanatic, take a laptop with you on the cruise. The last one I went on had wifi access in the businesss/computer area. It's damn expensive and slow as molasses, but you'll get able to get the update if they release it at WWDC.

Joe

joe

Gold
May 5, 2007
I am really excited about the iPhone update on June 9th. I really can't wait until the application store comes out.... Well the problem is, I am going on a cruise on June 9th! Rofl I know that sounds really sad, but I am really bummed that I won't be able to get the update for a week :( I'm a nerd I guess... But don't get me wrong, I cant wait for the cruise. I did pay $460 bucks to go on this cruise. But would you be just a tad bit bummed if this happened to you? Or am I just a little bit too much iPhone obsessed?
I am the same way. Maybe you can find internet access from the terminal if the update is not yet available from your hotel or wherever you are that morning.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I try and put the upcoming update in the back of my mind, that way it doesn't seem that far away. Cruises are great fun though so I'm sure you'll have too much fun on it to worry about a silly software update on the iPhone.

NickT916

Bronze
Jan 4, 2008
there is no need to cry, they have internet on a cruise

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I was just thinking about putting a post up like this. I am dieing for the new iPhone. Im checking this forum hourly! Im a loser.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I know the feeling. I was at the beach on June 29th last year, and it was awful.

- John

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Can you imagine the barrage of stupid questions that are going to be posted on this board when the new iPhone comes out?

How do I turn it on?
Why doesn't it beep when I get a text message?
What is iTunes?

There should be law against selling technical devices to stupid people!

I know the feeling. I was at the beach on June 29th last year, and it was awful.

- John

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
come on guys its just a phone at the end of the day and one thing I know for certain is that the iPhone 2 won't float;)

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Can you imagine the barrage of stupid questions that are going to be posted on this board when the new iPhone comes out?

How do I turn it on?
Why doesn't it beep when I get a text message?
What is iTunes?

There should be law against selling technical devices to stupid people!
That's not nice, ravman. A lot of new iPhone converts are so excited about getting their new devices that they overlook the plethora of information scattered across the entire internet. I don't have a problem with new iPhone users asking questions because they are unsure or scared about damaging their new investment. What we need to encourage is new users to search forums such as this for possible answers.

Like they said in the X-Files, the truth is out there. :)

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY

- John
The beach was awful? must have been at the wrong one...

I've never been to one, but I have a friend that has, and she says it is probably the most relaxing thing ever.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I wouldn't expect a firmware update until June 27. That will probably be the day the new model is released as well. We may get an announcement on 6/09, but I'm betting it'll be the 27th until we get some goodies.