is it safe to but?

Radis

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
is it safe to buy a mac book now, are the updates done for a while? Or would it be better to buy at the beginning of the summer?

Thanks!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yes, now is good time. There won't be any updates on them for a while now, and unless you want to wait for a price drop (it's likely, but there's no guarantee it'll happen) I say get it now.

- John

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Yes, now is good time. There won't be any updates on them for a while now, and unless you want to wait for a price drop (it's likely, but there's no guarantee it'll happen) I say get it now.

- John
You would know better than I, but don't they usually update every June?

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida

- John
Have you heard any rumors of multitouch coming for the macbooks? As my 18th month old niece would say "I want that." (She says that for everything, BTW).

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Have you heard any rumors of multitouch coming for the macbooks? As my 18th month old niece would say "I want that." (She says that for everything, BTW).
If they do, it won't be for while. But then again, there are rumors that the next update for the pros and books might be in June, due to new processors coming out, and intel phasing out the current chips.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I doubt that the MacBooks will get the touchpad until the MacBook Pros are given another feature that the MacBooks do not get. Apple left the touchpad out to further show that the MBPs are indeed more 'Pro'.

- John

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I doubt that the MacBooks will get the touchpad until the MacBook Pros are given another feature that the MacBooks do not get. Apple left the touchpad out to further show that the MBPs are indeed more 'Pro'.

- John
Thanks for the opinion. I still need to get to the Apple store to try out all the new laptops. I do not think I will make it this weekend.