Is it safe to mod 1.1.1 yet (windows xp)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Teejo

Oct 24, 2007
Hi all,

I have a stock 1.1.1 iPhone and have been following the threads over the last couple weeks closely and have a couple questions for the resident experts out there.

1- I'm still seeing a lot of nightmare threads out there. I am not a pro by any means but not a computer novice either. What is the safest way to go now if I am a PC user. Is it the one step? Or Tinman's process? seems as though there are lots of variations at this point. Can someone please link up the most recent walkthrough

2- Is the phone stable after modding?

3- Seems there have been several questions regarding how to get the latest/best version of summerboard installed. What is the most recent answer to that question.

Thanks in advance for all your help. I want the process to go as smoothly as possible and it seems like things change daily.:laugh2:

Teejo

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
easy update

My iPhone gave me a little trouble when updating, but a few tips that helped me out are as follows:

Before you decide to update, go ahead and sync your iPhone with iTunes. If there are any pictures you want to keep, JUST IN CASE, transfer them to your computer. I learned its much better to just be safe and do this, rather than lose out on all the pics I had.

Now, in my case, after jailbreaking my freshly updated iPhone running 1.1.1, I had a few problems and my phone was acting weird. So I had to go back and restore it. The first time I did this, it cleared out all of my pictures. When I restored, it synced to a few days before (I wish I had synced mine before jailbreaking) and I lost all my pictures all my text messages from the time I synced it to when I had to restore. Just a helpful tip.

Next, I would suggest using Tinman's method of the easier jailbreak method located here:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...1-1-without-restoring-to-1-0-2-windows.12715/

Scroll down and you'll see "One-click Jailbreak for 1.1.1 (Windows)!"

Its really simple. I also recommend reading through the steps, and then actually executing them. If you have any questions, try to search that thread or the forum before posting (9x out of 10 its already been answered!).

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Teejo

Oct 24, 2007
so whats the consensus

So, is it the 1 click method or the multiple step method? Any other words of wisdom before I take the plunge?

Teejo

overbo0st2k4

Bronze
Oct 17, 2007
If you read the instructions you would have seen that it is indeed a one-click jailbreak, it just lists the steps you need to take to get that part. (The one-click jailbreak is when you run touchfree.exe)

Make sure you updated to .NET framework 3.0 like it says and close iTunes (in case you missed that part too).

Just follow the steps...it's really simple. And if you mess up, all you have to do is restore and you're phone will be back to normal