Is it safe to ship iPhone to India?

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Long story shirt: Sold iPhone 4S on ebay, Buyer is from India and paid with the verified paypal account, I called paypal and confirmed the transaction was completed and it was safe to ship.

Issue: USPS Priority (the cheap option) does not provide signature confirmation or even tracking to India.

Issue: Fedex does but its over $100 to ship

Should I send via USPS? Should I refund the money and re-list for US buyer only?

raqball

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 30, 2011
So. California
Even with Paypal confirming the transaction id be caution of charge back ext... Since they are in India, you will have a very, very hard time getting your phone or money back..

If it were me, I'd do USA only...

djwindsor

Contributor
Silver
Jul 7, 2009
Neponsit, NY
In my auctions I only ship domestically. I strongly suggest you cancel the transaction and ship to US residents only. I had an issue recently with an Apple TV2 that I shipped to Canada. You may want to check with the US post office. They have a flat rate international that may not be too expensive and provide you with a signature. That's the only alternative I can think of.

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Why don't you just ship it already? You're already getting paid, you're no longer liable for the phone anymore, the delivery company would be. Right?

I don't know

sribharath

Sep 21, 2012
i have bought many things from us to india .. i don't think it is a pain to do .. don't worry keep trust

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
How did you call PayPal was using a number that you received in an eBay. They are very smart in faking the email and the voice call. I would log on to PayPal from a Clean computer and check the monies. I wouldn't trust it until I check everything. I had a bunch of scammer try the Paypal thing wen I sol my iPad a few months ago. Not to mention its a pain to ship overseas as the fees for customs are very expensive. I for one would do us only.

Reactions: AZIANAPPLE

ipod

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Never sell to India THEY are scammers.
Let's not generalize on our fellow Indian brothers and sisters just because a few have ruined it for the rest of them. Instead of saying "THEY are scammers", let's just say "THERE ARE scammers there." Or even "THERE ARE A LOT of scammers there."

Reactions: leggz2di4

snowtrooper1966

Genius
Gold
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
I've never had an issue getting paid from international buyers.
Just withdrew $ today via my PayPal debit card for one of my 4S's going to Russia.
You just need to ship with some sort of tracking, in case there is a dispute. It's the sellers responsibility to prove the item was shipped should an issue arise.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Thank you guys, I checked everything even called PayPal after logging on my account etc. te dilemma is that of I send USPS there's no way to get signature confirmation and that opens me to loose if the buyer opens a dispute later claiming they didn't receive the item. PayPal will only protect me if I get signature confirmation which FedEx can provide but it costs 125 dollars to ship vs 16.95 with USPS

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
I would make them pay shipping if not to late but I would have use the calculate shipping option for international. What about ups? Could be a little cheaper.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Update: Ended up refunding PayPal after the buyer refused to use any service that provided signature confirmation. Do you guys think I'll fetch more if I jailbreak and unlock next time I try to sell?