Is It Safe?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bill Gates

Bronze
Oct 24, 2007
i will be purchasing a new 8gb iPhone friday. and i don't plan on switching to at&T. should i be ok using version 1.1.1 to do that activate, jailbreak, and unlock method from another post? is it pretty straight forward in the instructions. i don't mind never upgrading once i unlock it as long as i get it to work on tmobile. lol.
so should i be alright? you guys think.

any usefull information please let me know before i get the phone so i no that it is gonna be ok. i just don't wanna spend 400 bucks and have a phone that cant even be activated. lol

thanks in advanced

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
i will be purchasing a new 8gb iPhone friday. and i don't plan on switching to at&T. should i be ok using version 1.1.1 to do that activate, jailbreak, and unlock method from another post? is it pretty straight forward in the instructions. i don't mind never upgrading once i unlock it as long as i get it to work on tmobile. lol.
so should i be alright? you guys think.

any usefull information please let me know before i get the phone so i no that it is gonna be ok. i just don't wanna spend 400 bucks and have a phone that cant even be activated. lol

thanks in advanced
It can be activated a number of ways, the best currently avalible is the downgrade to v1.02 and then upgrade again to v1.1.1.

Are u a Windows, OS X or Linux user?

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
it depends on what you define as safe... Can the phone bu unlocked for tmobile on 1.1.1? yes, and many people have been successful. But many people have not. Therein lies the problem. I am sure that with enough patience and reading, search function is your new best friend, you could happily unlock iPhone and never look back. That is, until your phone breaks or an update comes out that you really want/need.

Now yes, you can just wait and update after the hacking community has come up with a safe solution. Thus, that can be a non-issue. However, none of those people will be able to fix tour phone when say the screen stops responding, the receiver goes dead, or the phone gets hot enough to scald your face (these are all known, albeit rare, documented issues). My point is the phone isn't perfect. There are gonna be problems, some user serviceable and some not. Others may disagree of course, but I say weigh your options. If you can afford the consequence of voidig the Apple warranty, and you may hav good reason, then do it. However, you may find that all the hacking isn't worth losing a truly great device.

Caveat- I bought the phone with the intention of unlocking. After three failed attempts and some nail biting restores, I gave in to AT&T. I now have wha I consider the greatest device ever made and can count on Apple to fix it if and when I get 3rd degree burns on my face.