Is it true Google is Unveiling a Music Store to compete with iTunes today?

iBoss

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
Just read that Google is going to unveil a music store today that suppose to be a serious threat to Apples iTunes (I doubt it). But how true is this does anybody have more info on this?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
That seems to be the rumor. I wouldn't be surprised, at all. In fact, I'd be surprised if it weren't a store.

iBoss

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
and its going to be so difficult for people to migrate from iTunes without a very intriguing reason!

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Don't think the core iTunes base is their primary target market.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Don't think the core iTunes base is their primary target market.

52% of mobile market running around with Android devices, which double as portable media players. Having a store built-in that allows for easy purchase, storing of music makes sense. I've seen this done somewhere else, but cannot put my finger on it.:rolleyes:

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
52% of mobile market running around with Android devices, which double as portable media players. Having a store built-in that allows for easy purchase, storing of music makes sense. I've seen this done somewhere else, but cannot put my finger on it.:rolleyes:
Have to admit, being in Canada, I really haven't any alternative to iTunes. Hoping Google's announcement today is international or at least continental.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
haven't heard anything about this. but i have been using a free app called gtunes which finds free music on the web. not sure if this is what everyone is talking about. but i do like gtunes a lot it's kind like pandora but you have the option to stream or download the song.:)