Is it true that with the iOS 5.01 update, the iPhone 4 now has the exact same battery issue?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
I was about to exchange my 4s for a 4 because the battery is so bad, is the 4 almost just as bad tho?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I was about to exchange my 4s for a 4 because the battery is so bad, is the 4 almost just as bad tho?
Have you tried restoring and setting the device up as new? I really wouldn't exchange an iPhone 4S for an iPhone 4, why downgrade? If you really want to get rid of the phone, sell it.

The battery on my iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1 runs perfectly. Battery usage, I consider to be normal.

~DS~

Bronze
Dec 18, 2011
Don't change your 4S just yet...there is 5.1 coming our way soon, said to address battery life.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

TH55

Bronze
Oct 30, 2011
Oh my bad I forgot the first update was 5.01 not 5.1. Despite it being in my OP!

I heard a developer reported that the 5.1 didn't address battery issues either?

Dec 10, 2011
I have iPhone 4 running 5.0.1, always keep location services off and the battery life is HORRIBLE :( The only way the battery won't die before early evening is if I do nothing at all.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I updated my iPhone 4 that haven't sold and I use as a TV show and Movie device for my TV since I don't have Apple TV. I have had no battery issues with it. In fact, it's doing what I want my iPhone 4S to do, or what it should do.

On my iPhone 4S my Standby and Usage times are the same all the time and I have done EVERYTHING to try to fix it, but it's not working so I have given up and I don't bother looking any more. My iPhone 4 is perfect in that department.

So I have no issues with my iPhone 4.

~DS~

Bronze
Dec 18, 2011
I am really puzzled, it seems some people don't get battery issues with the 4 while some do
I think it depend on the users, I've no issues with battery. Turning off bluetooth, locations, brightness, etc...

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
iPhone 4 is on OS 5.01 and I think it's a perfectly normal battery!
I will do a screen shot w location on but Bluetooth off my last check I had Bluetooth on.i use my phone a LOT lol and it lasts all day and at night I just charge it, some nights I forget... But by noon it's dying.