Is it true?

Mar 6, 2011
hello , so i have an iPhone that does not want to charge . one friend told me that if i go to Apple store i can give them my phone and pay 70$ and they will give me a new iPhone like mine . but im not sure if its true and i wanted to ask before i go to the store .thank you

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
What iPhone is it? If it's a 4 it will most likely be free! If it's a 3GS and have purchased it in the past year, it's also free!

Mar 6, 2011
i have 3gs and my problem is that when i plug it in to charge it shows me wrench that the phone shows when its fully charged and sometimes out of no where it starts charging

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
When did you buy it? And it sounds like a restore will do the trick, as it's software and not hardware as the sounds of it.

Mar 6, 2011
i don't remember its like two years old ill upgrade it with the fifth but i need the phone . so the money are no problem but i need to know if the whole thing is true like will they give me another phone if i give them mine and pay .

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Yes that's true, but it might not be that price. Have you tried restoring? That's a question they will ask you.

Mar 6, 2011
i haven't but i also cant right now because im on vacation and i ownt be back a few days and the computer im wriiting from is my moms but she uses iTunes for her iPhone so i cant do it but i need th phone

Iloveiphones

Genius
Platinum
Aug 5, 2010
chatsocially.com
Couldn't you wait till you get back? Restore it, then see if that works. If not, you got to back-up your data anyways before you go in.

Jul 20, 2011
Well for that you need to first ensure if any such scheme really exists and secondly, you need to know if you fit in those circumstances or terms of conditions that we call from which you can really benefit yourself.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Had a similar issue with iPhone 4. I restored as new and the battery is back to normal. At the store they can do a diagnosis which could tell you if there is actually an issue with the battery. I believe it was $80 for a new battery.

rmfnla

Bronze
Have you tried another charging cord/adaptor?

I bought an aftermarket adaptor on eBay ($0.99 including shipping; what did I expect?!) and it gave the same result you describe. Going back to the OEM unit worked fine. Maybe yours went bad...

F

fixpodw

me also facing same problem .... even have restored but problem is still there any help ?