Is it worth buying iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by jareknyc, Oct 8, 2012.

1. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

Well here is my story, we already have one iPhone 5 at home my wife upgraded from iPhone 4 I still have iPhone 4s and waiting for shipping from Apple...if I get iPhone 5 the only feature that will really make me happy will be LTE we are getting 55 download and 35 upload which is sick...then I will loose my jailbreak all my cydia apps and the most important feature will be tethering from my iPhone 4s for my iPad...of curse until new jailbreak will come out...but who knows when that might be I waited months for jailbreak for my iPhone and iPad 3...I have unlimited data and I love it...
    Well now I really don't know what to do, still have option to press cancel on my iPhone order that I placed on sep 29, I am sure someone will get my iPhone :)
    What you guys think? What would you do?

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

2. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

Any suggestions?

3. snowtrooper1966

Gold

What network?
    VZN hotspot is free.
    Guess you have to decide what's more important, LTE with a great new device or JB on the 4S...

4. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

I have AT&T

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You can have tethering and FaceTime on AT&T if you switch to a mobile share plan. You'll have to jailbreak to get them if you stay on unlimited. Decisions, decisions...

6. rollinfromhell

Gold

But the issue is, your capped at 3GBS anyway on unlimited, no?

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's a 5 GB soft cap on LTE phones. Many people would rather have throttled data on unlimited after 5 GB than pay the extra $10 for each GB on a capped plan. Plus, 4 GB on the mobile shared plan is $70 (or $50 for 5 GB on a single plan), whereas 5 GB on unlimited is still only $30.

8. rollinfromhell

Gold

That's interesting. Maybe it's only on the LTE, but my brother and a friend of mine both got capped at 2 and 3gbs.

9. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

that's not truth I use average 7 - 8 gb per month...my wife has LTE also unlimited she passed 6 gb today by watching Netflix and listen to pandora...

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Clarification: They often throttle data for those who exceed these amounts. Some accounts fall through the cracks...

11. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

at this point since both phones are just about identical with they exception of one being all glass front and back
    and the orther being glass front and alum back. i think it comes down to weather or not you want to carry a phone
    or a phablet in your pocklet. and the only reason i say phablet is cause most of peeps here consider anything bigger
    than a 4/4s a phablet. but if it were me i would go with the 5 cause i like phablets:)

12. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

Lol. I actually consider the Galaxy note a phablet. That thing is ridiculous, my friend has one Comparing some of the Android monster screen size the 5 is still very reasonable to me and actually looks like a phone.

13. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

oh i totally agree with you that the ip5 is very much a phone. it's just that some folks here were saying my old galaxy which was 122.mm tall was a phablet cause it was just a tad bit bigger than the 4. and that anything bigger than a 4 was just too big and how the 4 was the perfect size with a bunch of diagrams and videos, and how Apple was trying to brainwash us into thinking the 4 was the perfect size. now that the ip5 is 123.8mm tall i don't here anyone saying that the new 5 is a phablet. it just cracks me up. it's always good to pop in here just for a good laugh. some of the members should really be entertainers/comedians:)

14. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

It is pretty funny. There's tons of ppl that we're w/the 4/4S being perfect size and no bigger should ever happen so I totally feel you. Apparently there's a fine line between phone and phablet lol :)

15. Josh Yates

Josh Yates Contributor
    Silver

I'm waiting for the jailbreak. No way I'm giving up my unlimited data. :)

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Same here, me bucko!