Is it worth it to upgrade to 2.0

canecop

Bronze
Oct 21, 2007
I have a jailbroke iPhone. I have customized my theme and loaded tons of applications. What is the advantage of upgrading to 2.0? Anyone else upgrade and regret it?

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
I'm speaking from a bit of ignorance here because i've never jailbroken or modded or done anything not Apple sanctioned to my iPhone, but possibly stability and speed.

I have had an app crash on me and while installing one app (one created by Apple ironically) have the phone reset, but for the most part its stable as it ever was. Also programs running in the backround can affect the performance of the phone. The app store apps aren't allowed to run after being closed.

Also, who knows what security holes may have been fixed with the update.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I have a jailbroke iPhone. I have customized my theme and loaded tons of applications. What is the advantage of upgrading to 2.0? Anyone else upgrade and regret it?
I upgraded to 2.0 before camping out at the AT&T store. I did a restore when I got home to clear the information that I no longer needed to have on it. Because the cellular wireless was transferred to the iPhone 3G, the process of restoring left the old device in an emergency call state only.

Eventually, I had to downgrade iTunes to 7.5, restore to 1.1.4 and re-Pwnage. I hear that a new version of Pwnage 2.0 will permit an unlocking and jailbreak of 2.0.

I'm not impressed with the Apps available yet. I think at the moment the apps available via jailbreak/installer have a better variety.

I'd wait to upgrade to 2.0 until you can jailbreak/unlock.

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
I actually upgraded to 2.0. I kept it for about an hour. The stock phone will drive you crazy.......................;)

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I upgraded to 2.0 before camping out at the AT&T store. I did a restore when I got home to clear the information that I no longer needed to have on it. Because the cellular wireless was transferred to the iPhone 3G, the process of restoring left the old device in an emergency call state only.

Eventually, I had to downgrade iTunes to 7.5, restore to 1.1.4 and re-Pwnage. I hear that a new version of Pwnage 2.0 will permit an unlocking and jailbreak of 2.0.

I'm not impressed with the Apps available yet. I think at the moment the apps available via jailbreak/installer have a better variety.

I'd wait to upgrade to 2.0 until you can jailbreak/unlock.
Yeah I would also wait until they release 2.0 jailbreak and work out any issues with it. Im sticking to my 1.1.4 jailbroken iPhone

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
I think it depends on what apps are important to you, and how important it is that you be able to customize the look. I restored my jailbroken 1.1.4 right over to 2.0. No downgrading necessary. Just restore right from the file. I did it the day before the 3g went on sale and i was very glad i did. I like the new apps. Sure i miss mxtube and orb, but i can wait. I personally feel that the upgrade is worth it, provided they release the pwnage tool soon. I can live without the jailbroken apps for a week or two. Meanwhile I enjoy the app store apps.