Is it worth to get a keyboard for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Cases and Accessories' started by lovercase, Jul 30, 2012.

1. lovercase

lovercase Member
    Bronze

I got a iPad 3 three weeks ago, I already bought case, stand for it, and I'm considering if it's worth to get a keyboard for my iPad 3. If it's worth, then which one is better, I need some recommendation.

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

The Apple Bluetooth keyboard is awesome :)

3. lovercase

lovercase Member
    Bronze

Thanks, actually I have got one yesterday, it will reach me 7 days later.

4. grahamjohn87

grahamjohn87 New Member

Was it worth it?

5. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I have a Logitech Keyboard case by Zagg. Love it.

Target

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe app

6. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I have the Logitech Ultrathin iPad Keyboard and love it. Besides being an excellent keyboard, it is also a front cover that attaches using the build-in magnet points on the iPad. It adds an extra 4mm of thickness and looks great with its aluminum-matched protective cover. The only caveat is that it doesn't protect the back of the iPad so I installed a Zagg full-cover shield on the back.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. psylichon

psylichon Genius

Depends on how much you type and how much you like the virtual keyboard. For me and how I use the iPad 90% of the time, the virtual keyboard and voice dictation is plenty for me. But being a touch-typer, it's nice to have some actual keys under the fingers for long emails and documents. I have the camera connection kit and just use a standard USB keyboard through that for the rare times I need it.

8. iBuRGeR Apps

iBuRGeR Apps New Member

This is the point, it depends on how much you use your device for typing. But I would say that if you're wondering about having an keyboard, you probably need one ! ;-)

9. iBuRGeR Apps

iBuRGeR Apps New Member

BTW the Apple bluetooth one is great, but more expensive than other ones like logitech which work fine, too.

10. Mugwhamp

Mugwhamp Member
    Bronze

I am a schoolteacher and use my third-generation iPad daily. I do not have a keyboard but rely exclusively on dictation. The dictation feature has been extremely effective for me and much speedier than using a keyboard. In fact I'm using it right now.

Sent from my 3rd Gen iPad iOS 5.1.1 using iCafe app

11. Bonniea

Bonniea New Member

I got a zagg case that came with a keyboard and I like it when I use evernote or pages. I don't like that the zagg case is not adjustable as far as the angle though

12. lovercase

lovercase Member
    Bronze

Just a follow here, I have to say Bluetooth keyboard is very good to use, you guys should get one.

13. greenyoga

greenyoga Member
    Bronze

Why not buy a bluetooth keyboard case? You won't need to buy a keyboard with this case,and it's much convenient and portable that a case and another keyboard.
    Just like this one:
    12_2_3.jpg

14. Redbull2000

Redbull2000 Member
    Bronze

Depends on how often and how much you types ? IMO, if you use it mainly browsing not any homework or school work. I will stay away from keyboard.

15. Ohmster

Ohmster Member
    Silver

Dictation is awesome, but not an option in meetings. The Apple BT keyboard has been very useful for note taking in such settings.

16. kevin tanicien

kevin tanicien New Member

I think so, I plan on getting mine this christmas

17. jimmerlink

jimmerlink New Member

Typing is much much faster and easier than using the on screen keyboard.

18. laughjimbo

laughjimbo Member
    Bronze

I have a Zagg Folio Keyboard and case that is great to type on and it protects my iPad when closed up, also when you close it the iPad goes to sleep automatically.

19. nealh

nealh Contributor
    Silver

I bought a BT KB from Luvvitt, less expensive than Logitech and it acts like a Smart Cover but has a stand and the iPad can't fall over!

20. jadmorffier

jadmorffier Member
    Bronze

I'm getting the very same keyboard/front cover for Christmas so I'm yet to use it. I already have a nice, clear and slim Belkin snap-on back cover that I hope I can keep on while the iPad sits in the magnetic slot on the Logitech Ultrathin keyboard.

Just out of curiosity, what does the keyboard sound like when typing? I find this question very important when looking for a good keyboard. :) Like when I shop for a new car, the sound the car door makes when it closes is very important. ;)

Sent using iCafe app