Mar 8, 2009
Hello!

Do you guys feel that iTunes is really the best value in terms of music

downloads for your iPod? I have seen some advertisments on certain iPod

Accessories websites that sell headphones and earphones for other companies,

that also offer things similar to the iTunes main features. I Mainly have my

cd's on my device at this time, so im deciding where to purchase more music

online.

Do any of you use iTunes and other sites?

The ones you use the most, what would you say is best about them?

Thanks a lot!

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Hello!

Do you guys feel that iTunes is really the best value in terms of music

downloads for your iPod? I have seen some advertisments on certain iPod

Accessories websites that sell headphones and earphones for other companies,

that also offer things similar to the iTunes main features. I Mainly have my

cd's on my device at this time, so im deciding where to purchase more music

online.

Do any of you use iTunes and other sites?

The ones you use the most, what would you say is best about them?

Thanks a lot!
Every so often I'll buy music from Amazon MP3. They offer some great deals. Just last week I picked up U2's new album for $3.99. I probably would not have bought that album, but hard to refuse at that price. The process of downloading is a bit convoluted, but worth it in some cases. Hard to beat iTunes for combination of convenience, price and selection.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I have never spent any money in the iTunes store. In fact, iTunes does not have any of my payment information ;). My account is so old that when I made it, payment info wasn't required.

Although I don't like the music store, iTunes as a music organizer is by far the best.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
I have never spent any money in the iTunes store. In fact, iTunes does not have any of my payment information ;). My account is so old that when I made it, payment info wasn't required.

Although I don't like the music store, iTunes as a music organizer is by far the best.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. iTunes is a buggy, unstable, slow piece of junk software. I have less problems with it than WMP but it doesn't take much to be better than WMP. I loathe iTunes and if it wasn't for the trouble I've had integrating my phone and iPod with other software I'd switch in a heartbeat!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
I have been purchasing music from the iTunes store for years, starting when I got my first iPod years ago. I've tried other music services, but I stay with iTunes now because they now offer DRM-free music, it's encoded at a higher bitrate (256kbps), and I'm fine with their prices. I've purchased music from Amazon before, but find it less convenient to find music. I've also used eMusic before, and it's even less convenient to find music on their site. So, iTunes remains my preferred digital music store.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i stick with CDs unless there's an iTunes exclusive album or EP i want... in which case it won't be in any other digital music store.

Mar 8, 2009
the CD seems to be a better quality, than what you would download.

I put a lot of my Aphex Twin on iPod, and it sounds great. I have also downloaded some aphex twin and you miss a lot of the little electronic nuances that you would hear form a CD in your vehicle.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
exactly. If i have the CD, i can encode the music into any format i desire without having to worry about DRMs or any of that BS. And i have a permanent hard-copy.

And i just like having CDs. I like displaying them on my shelves, and looking at the covers and notes.

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
I like to buy physical cds. Where i know I am the rightful owner.

May 6, 2007
United States
Every so often I'll buy music from Amazon MP3. They offer some great deals. Just last week I picked up U2's new album for $3.99. I probably would not have bought that album, but hard to refuse at that price. The process of downloading is a bit convoluted, but worth it in some cases. Hard to beat iTunes for combination of convenience, price and selection.
Haha that's funny, I noticed the U2 deal right as I was downloading from iTunes. That was pretty unlucky. I agree though, Amazon MP3 is pretty nice to use and it has some decent prices.

For the most part, I'll use iTunes. As far as ease of use and overall value go, buying an album from iTunes isn't gonna be beaten unless you already have the CD to upload.

L

linaelectronic

i am new here,learnging...

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
juls1585 said:
ive been meaning to look at this list. its got a lot of cds ive been wanting to get on it. thanks!
Juls, you could've thanked me had you seen this thread a few days ago. :)

I actually use iTunes as a last resort for digital music. There are many other options out there that offer better bargains.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I won't tell people how I get my music. iTunes is a good way to get music but there prices are a little high. I mean yeah you get the album artwork and all that but for the price they charge you can go to any CD store and psychically buy the CD yourself.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I won't tell people how I get my music. iTunes is a good way to get music but there prices are a little high. I mean yeah you get the album artwork and all that but for the price they charge you can go to any CD store and psychically buy the CD yourself.
Now you're talking that far out stuff. :D

Timhea

Bronze
Jul 11, 2010
I don't trust iTunes since the whole DRM thing. I download my songs from Amazon.