Is jailbreaking an iPhone giving your phone a virus?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
I have done it in the past and people moan about it screwing up there iPhones. Mines was ok until I unlocked it (old 3GS)
Some say virus are able to break through if jailbroken ?

Sent from my iPhone 4(S)

iBoss

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
I have jailbroken my iPod Touch, iPhone4 and 3GS(unlocked & jailbroken), and iPad 1st gen! And have never had one single problem with them. I don't know if they can get a virus but I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone4(S) iCafe

kaelinlei

Bronze
Oct 17, 2011
I wouldn't have it any other way! :) And I've never had a virus on my phone while jailbroken.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iCafe app

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Thread moved to the iPhone Jailbreak section.

I have done it in the past and people moan about it screwing up there iPhones. Mines was ok until I unlocked it (old 3GS)
Some say virus are able to break through if jailbroken ?

Sent from my iPhone 4(S)
Jailbreaking your device does not give it a virus. I've not heard of a virus getting itself onto an iDevice. The only thing I can think of is somebody installing OpenSSH on their device and not changing the default password from alpine, thus allowing idiots access to their stuff for malicious purposes.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
Thread moved to the iPhone Jailbreak section.

Jailbreaking your device does not give it a virus. I've not heard of a virus getting itself onto an iDevice. The only thing I can think of is somebody installing OpenSSH on their device and not changing the default password from alpine, thus allowing idiots access to their stuff for malicious purposes.
ah right, thanks i was just wondering.