Is Jailbreaking still needed?

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Yeah, I can't live without Summerboard and Customize.
And my 5 pages of FREE apps..........;)

cubbie5150

Bronze
Dec 16, 2007
I'll be jailbreaking after upgrading to 2.0 just for Summerboard alone. Apple predictably is not allowing GUI apps into the App Store... I tried telling people not expect such apps given my experience w/ Steve's manic desire to control "his" UI (not necessarily a bad thing, IMO)...

GP1138

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
I've got a v1 iPhone, and like the poster above, if for nothing else (well, besides NES, nothing like wasting time playing NES Monopoly and pwning Gertrude) Summerboard. I love the skins that people have made, and it makes my iPhone MY iPhone.

I also use T-Mobile, so I really can't upgrade until I am sure that it will allow me to use the phone unlocked. I am waiting with bated breath for this one.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
there are some very cool ones.

there are also a LOT of redundant ones. Like at LEAST seven tip calculators. It really is pathetic people use those things.
lol... my sentiments exactly, on both the good and bad front.

I want Pandora.

But I have a feeling I will never feel fully satisfied being stock anymore. I'm really interested to see how the jailbreak/appstore marriage progresses... and I will be involved every step of the way.

But for now, yes, I'm a definite holdout.

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
yes, I never really made use of the apps I had on my JB'd phone, so I checked out 2.0 Its pretty cool, but nothing I couldn't live without. I picked up a couple of programs that let me kill time better (Reading about news and sport and whatnot) that I aren't any different than making a WebLink.

Its still pretty cool though. I only kind of miss my SummerBoard. It made my phone unique, but I kind of like the stock look as well.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
lol... my sentiments exactly, on both the good and bad front.

I want Pandora.

But I have a feeling I will never feel fully satisfied being stock anymore. I'm really interested to see how the jailbreak/appstore marriage progresses... and I will be involved every step of the way.

But for now, yes, I'm a definite holdout.
yeah, i miss a few Jailbreak apps, but for now Pandora, MobileMe, Movies, and Mobile News are holding me over... hopefully they will continue to do so until the Jailbreak is completed.

Maysrome

Bronze
Mar 31, 2008
I'm going to go stock for now myself, but i'm jailbreaking as soon as i hear of a few good success stories. i suppose only time will tell.

x4x5x1x

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
Wyandotte Mi
www.myspace.com
i have a bunch of apps i don't use that often but feel i should have...so its jailbreak or bust. customize, wallpaper, and springboard are my most used apps. i get bored and change the look of my phone constantly. until Apple decides to let us use themes and wallpapers im sticking with a jailbroken phone. thats my $0.02.....buy with it what you can