is jailbreaking worth it just to hide icons?

xomwah

Bronze
Apr 28, 2008
i hateee the Stock and youtube icon, i want to jail break just to delete those icons., will the app that hides them lag my phone?

which version of jailbreak i should useto get the Hide Icon app (if there is such thing)?

do i need wifi to jailbreak or my usb cord?

ess_bee

Bronze
Dec 16, 2008
UK
i hateee the Stock and youtube icon, i want to jail break just to delete those icons., will the app that hides them lag my phone? You will need to download BossTools and no your iPhone will not lag.
which version of jailbreak i should useto get the Hide Icon app (if there is such thing)? What version software are you current? If you want to upgrade to the latest 2.2.1 software, you can still download BossTools

do i need wifi to jailbreak or my usb cord? I use my wi-fi connected to JB my iPhone and yes you will require a USB cable

xomwah

Bronze
Apr 28, 2008
thanks!

i jailbroke it last night, smooth and simple I installed winterboard and Poof :)

Ezekiel2517

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
i hateee the Stock and youtube icon,
i can understand why you don't like the stocks icon (everyone does), but why the youtube one? are you using mxtube instead?

but yeah, either sbsettings or bossprefs. i prefer sbsettings though

xomwah

Bronze
Apr 28, 2008
not an avid youtube user on the phone

pradley

Bronze
Oct 20, 2008
why jailbreak?

Why not just create a page of icons you don't like? It will be the last page and you never have to go to it. That's what I have done with icons I either don't like or use (such as Weather, Stocks, Notes), which I have replaced with other icons/applications.

nobopyon

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
i can understand why you don't like the stocks icon (everyone does), but why the youtube one? are you using mxtube instead?

but yeah, either sbsettings or bossprefs. i prefer sbsettings though
I love sbsettings! :laugh2::laugh2: