Is June 11th release date for AT&T (Cingular) only or for Apple stores as well?

GSY

Bronze
Mar 22, 2007
I's much rather play with it at the Apple store but the announcements only say AT&T. Any word?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
What announcements? June 11th I believe is the start of the something or another that Apple does. Right?

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
Seems to me that Apple would supply both outlets (At&t, Apple stores) in order to fulfill the huge demand that is sure to occur.

Mar 27, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Good day to us all...

I know that I will be part of that huge demand! June 11 can't come soon enough. By that time, I will be back at school, but I can totally see myself going right after class to stand in line (at either place) for the opportunity to get my hands on an iPhone.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
And my school will be out for summer (one of the joys of teaching), so I'll be there first thing in the morning on the 11th.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Countdown Timer Anyone?

Since we have a tentative release date now, I thought some of you may be interested in a countdown timer for your desktop. I looked around and the best free Windows countdown timer I could find is Phantim3. You can easily make your own skin for it. If you don't have the time to make one, I have attached one I made. Here is what it looks like:

For you Mac users, here is a link to a countdown widget that you can adjust the date and time on.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Has anyone tracked down the source of this information? Or is this just the standard rumour mill?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Good idea wot_fan. Trying to find a similar sidebar gadget for my Vista OS.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
Nice! I think those guys tend to be pretty reliable. But it's still not an official announcement, right? It's just the data a reporter managed to pry out of a sales manager at ATT.

I'd still consider this to be a "best case scenario" date. You know Apple would like to announce the launch at the WWDC to garner maximum marketing impact for all the other products they announce. Barring no major hiccups I'd imagine that would be Apple's most desirable date.

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
Wot, where did you get the iPhone skin for the Phantim 3 timer. I tried to use the zip file you gave but when I open it says "invalid menu handle".
(don't you just love Windows). :laugh2:

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Wot, where did you get the iPhone skin for the Phantim 3 timer. I tried to use the zip file you gave but when I open it says "invalid menu handle".
(don't you just love Windows). :laugh2:
I made the skin. It is really easy to make them. I put the zip in my public .Mac folder. Try this link. Let me know if you have any trouble with this one ;).

itsabouttime

Silver
Feb 18, 2007
San Antonio, Tx.
Ok, I was able to unzip the file this time, How do I replace the stock skin with the iPhone one? Thank you! :sick:

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Ok, I was able to unzip the file this time, How do I replace the stock skin with the iPhone one? Thank you! :sick:
Good deal. Just make an iPhone directory in the skins sub-directory of the Phantim3 installation location (default is c:\program files\Phantim3\skins) and unzip the file into the iPhone sub-directory you just made. Then just right click on the Phantim3 timer and select "Choose Skin...". You will also want to select the "Choose Date/Time" to change it to June 11th.

I hope that made sense. If not, let me know ;).

beley

Bronze
Apr 2, 2007
I actually think the iPhone will be released sooner. I think the second Apple gets FTC approval, they'll have them in the Apple store and on Cingular's website. I seriously doubt many Cingular stores will actually carry them. Many Cingular stores don't even carry Palm and Blackberry models because they don't sell enough of them, and the iPhone will be twice as expensive as the closest competitor.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I actually think the iPhone will be released sooner. I think the second Apple gets FTC approval, they'll have them in the Apple store and on Cingular's website. I seriously doubt many Cingular stores will actually carry them. Many Cingular stores don't even carry Palm and Blackberry models because they don't sell enough of them, and the iPhone will be twice as expensive as the closest competitor.
Well, many Cingular stores are not company owned stores. Cingular has many independent agencies that use Cingular branding on their signs and POS inside the store. I would think that the company owned stores will be carrying the iPhone in their regular inventory.

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
Since we have a tentative release date now, I thought some of you may be interested in a countdown timer for your desktop. I looked around and the best free Windows countdown timer I could find is Phantim3. You can easily make your own skin for it. If you don't have the time to make one, I have attached one I made. Here is what it looks like:

Simply awesome. Thanks a lot it is on my desktop as we speak.