Is June 11th release date for AT&T (Cingular) only or for Apple stores as well?

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
It looks like the 11th is not the official release date :(. Here is a quote from Apple's latest statement:

iPhone has already passed several of its required certification tests and is on schedule to ship in late June as planned. We can't wait until customers get their hands (and fingers) on it and experience what a revolutionary and magical product it is,

source article

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
You LIE! hopefully on the iCalender June is only 11 days long. :p

Edward

Mar 17, 2007
Dallas, TX
I was just about to come in here and mention the newest statement made by Apple that declares the iPhone's release date being "Late June."

The statement makes me wonder several things. Apple has incorporated more people into the iPhone project in order to make more developments on it's software. Does this mean newer applications are being worked into the software, or simply that they are adjusting a few things on the current software? Also, if they do finish the complete software by June, will they make more announcements about the iPhone during the Worldwide Developer's Conference?

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
I was just about to come in here and mention the newest statement made by Apple that declares the iPhone's release date being "Late June."

The statement makes me wonder several things. Apple has incorporated more people into the iPhone project in order to make more developments on it's software. Does this mean newer applications are being worked into the software, or simply that they are adjusting a few things on the current software? Also, if they do finish the complete software by June, will they make more announcements about the iPhone during the Worldwide Developer's Conference?

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
I would be amazed if the iPhone shipped with only the applications and features that Steve Jobs demonstrated during the keynote. It will be very interesting to see what has been added :).

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I would be amazed if the iPhone shipped with only the applications and features that Steve Jobs demonstrated during the keynote. It will be very interesting to see what has been added :).
Good point. He's the king of, "one more thing". If they are pulling engineers of Leopard for iPhone, they are seriously prepping it for success. We all know Steve doesn't like to lose and the iPhone represents a major new segment for Apple. Support for 3G would be a good start. How about an announcement at WWDC allowing developers to start working on apps for the iPhone? If developers are allowed to develop iPhone widgets, we'll see some amazing stuff. Since it's technically OS X, I'm guessing it probably wouldn't be that difficult for developers to port over existing widgets to the iPhone.

-Chris

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
How bad would this suck : JUNE 11th Apple Conference....Jobs: You all wanted it an here it is the iPhone SIKE april fools. I would probably cry a river of tears and drown myself in it :[

Mar 20, 2007
I'm wondering if this week's announced delay in the release of Leopard, apparently necessary for Apple to meet the "June" launch date for the iPhone, might suggest that there are still sizeable hurdles to overcome before hitting *any* June date, nevermind the 11th. Remember, no official date has been set, according to Apple. I would recommend treating the aforementioned article as rumor, and not get your hopes up too high.

::crosses fingers and toes::
::sprinkles salt over shoulder::
::makes sacrificial offering of tofu chicken product to god of product release dates:: ;)

phone19

Apr 1, 2007
Release Date, Rebates w/ New Contracts?

Does anyone have an idea whether or not Cingular will offer a rebate to those signing up with a 2-yr contract? Or if they are, around how much?:)

Thank you.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Does anyone have an idea whether or not Cingular will offer a rebate to those signing up with a 2-yr contract? Or if they are, around how much?:)

Thank you.
There have been several rumors about price reductions but nothing official. During the keynote Steve Jobs stated that the prices would be $499 for the 4Gb and $599 for the 8GB with a 2 year contract. We will just have to wait and see if any of the rumors prove to be true.

phone19

Apr 1, 2007
There have been several rumors about price reductions but nothing official. During the keynote Steve Jobs stated that the prices would be $499 for the 4Gb and $599 for the 8GB with a 2 year contract. We will just have to wait and see if any of the rumors prove to be true.
wow. okay thanks.. I just thought that they wouldwant to try and hold as many people in for the long hall with a rebate lol but I guess they already have a long run agenda with the set price! okay , I appreciate the reply , Thank You

kcarr91

Bronze
Apr 14, 2007
i know this is all best guessing kinda but the that worked at the cingular store said that it would be released on june 5 (he just some 25 yr old)