Is Moderate AT&T coverage good enought?

nirav464

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
i just checked the AT&T coverage map and it shows moderate service in my area. Is moderate coverage good enough to use my iPhone from the house. Do you recommend that i go and buy an iPhone with moderate coverage.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
I am in a "moderate coverage" area and while I haven't had any disconnected calls, I have had dropouts. I haven't had the iPhone long enough to determine if the issue was on my side or the other yet as many calls were cell-to-cell.

nirav464

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
I am in a "moderate coverage" area and while I haven't had any disconnected calls, I have had dropouts. I haven't had the iPhone long enough to determine if the issue was on my side or the other yet as many calls were cell-to-cell.
so can you still make calls from your house? and how many bars do you have usually.

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
Yep... usually 2 or 3 bars here. Here's the area I'm in - depending on how accurate this map is, I might really be in a "Good" area.

Last edited by a moderator:

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I was in the highest qualify area and it was not good enough. Find a person with it in your area and make sure before you put the coin down. I am at an end with the cell service now, about ready to cancel and get a new phone.

Kentucky

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
I too am in a 'moderate' area but an area where ATT is turning off towers after 'workday businesss hours' . This has been documented. Also they are , by their computer programming, putting Safari usage on a back burner when they are serving phone only customers. During the early morning hours ie 7-8am and 4-6pm in the evening , a Safari use by a customer in this area is delayed tremendously or 'dropped' completely to make sure the doctrors, brokers, big businesss users with Blackberry's etc.etc are not 'hindered' by the influx of new iPhone users and their web uses. ! ATT should be sued and I am thinking seriuosly about beginning a class action suit.