Is Multi-User Profiles Even On The Horizon? Sharing your iPad

1. consultant

consultant New Member

Not sure what your household is like but ours is like this: Can afford to have three people all with iPhones but not each with their own iPad. So we share the iPad.

"Hey son, where's the iPad?" "Not sure Dad." "10 minutes later, found it. But I forgot to charge it."

"Hey Dad, I ran the e-mail App an accidentally deleted one of your e-mails."

"Hey Son, why do I keep getting these text messages and push notifications from various games?" "Oh, that's some apps I installed and signed up for."

News Bulletin: Android Jelly Bean 4.2 supports user profiles. (Just like your Windows machine supports multiple users)

News Bulletin: Apple TV Update introduces multi-user login capability. Is it a sign of user profiles for iPad in the future?

News Bulletin: Nexus 10 pending release with higher screen resolution and faster processor than iPad 3.

News Bulletin: iPad Mini is overpriced.

My gut says, why would Apple introduce a feature in iOS for the iPad that would discourage households from buying iPads for each individual user? On the other hand, if Google tablets have matured both hardware and software wise to REALLY compete with iPad, will they be forced to follow suit by implementing user profiles?

Bottom line. Need a new tablet by the end of the month. Nexus 10 (or Asus TF700) or iPad 3 refurb? Luckily only have about $80 invested in iPad apps. iPad is the safe bet, but a 16x9 aspect ratio tablet with user profiles might be a nice change from a 4x3 (old TV aspect) iPad and we get to give Android a try.

2. Tinman

Tinman Evangelist Gold

I sincerely hope user profiles are coming at least to the iPad. I pretty much have my iPad down to just apps so I can let someone else use it if they want without getting inundated with my chit. I even turned iMessage off which was nice to have synced to my iPhone and macs.

Michael

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius Platinum

Same here. We recently got one for work to share between 5 techs, and it sucks not being able to set up our personal emails, instant message accounts, website login credentials, etc.

So for now we have to use shared accounts, and it sucks.

5. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius Gold

6. chris

chris Administrator Administrator

This is a great idea. (y)

7. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius Platinum

Apple should hire him as a consultant.

8. chris

chris Administrator Administrator

Hire consultant as a consultant.:D

9. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor Silver

Definitely a good idea. My wife and I share an iPad but it would be nice to have separate profiles.

Sent from my iPad mini using iCafe app