Is my battery life ok?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jimmyjimmy64

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
I just got 17.5 hours of music playing out of my iPhone. I had wifi and bluetooth turned off to ensure that I'd get maximum play time.

I started this benchmark test last night. After a full charge, I let my iPhone play music until it died.

17.5 hours is far from the 24 hours that Apple claims. It's only about 70% of their claim.

My question is this. What do you guys think? Are many of you guys getting close to 90 or 100% of the claimed battery life. Do you think that my iPhone should be returned?

Thanks

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I just got 17.5 hours of music playing out of my iPhone. I had wifi and bluetooth turned off to ensure that I'd get maximum play time.

I started this benchmark test last night. After a full charge, I let my iPhone play music until it died.

17.5 hours is far from the 24 hours that Apple claims. It's only about 70% of their claim.

My question is this. What do you guys think? Are many of you guys getting close to 90 or 100% of the claimed battery life. Do you think that my iPhone should be returned?

Thanks
Well, you have to take some things in consideration like did you keep changing tracks? every tim you did that if you did takes energy to touch the screen and so forth.

jimmyjimmy64

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Well, you have to take some things in consideration like did you keep changing tracks? every tim you did that if you did takes energy to touch the screen and so forth.
no, i hit play, turned the screen off and left it for a long time. I didn't actually listen to the music. I only listened at the very end to note when the battery died. The screen may have been on for like 1 min out of the 17.5 hours.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW

Thanks
Your battery life is just great, because mine just sucks. I get not more than 4.5 hrs of usage with internet usage, SMS and calling. I haven't checked the usage if I only use ipod.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
no, i hit play, turned the screen off and left it for a long time. I didn't actually listen to the music. I only listened at the very end to note when the battery died. The screen may have been on for like 1 min out of the 17.5 hours.
Your battery life is still great, now it isn't what Apple says it is... SUE THEM! lol nahh just kiddin but yeah still great.

stapes

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
My first iPhone's battery was horrible. Just letting it sit over night would drain anywhere from 25%-50% of the battery. So I headed to the Apple store thinking they were going to take my phone and ship it out to get fixed..... but hey I got lucky and they just gave me a brand new phone on the spot. New phone / battery works great.