Is my GPS abnormally crappy or are they all like this?

jimmyrules712

Bronze
Sep 21, 2007
When standing in the middle of my front yard, nothing obstructing my view of the open ski, I can't even get GPS to do anything.

I'll open google maps (getting full signal strength for 3G) and hit the button to locate me and it just spins it's wheels for 5 minutes or however long I have until my patients runs out.

I've tried it several times over several days. 1 time it finally narrowed down on me, but it's only happened once.

Sometimes it will norrow down to the big circle around me like on the V1 iPhone, but more often it just spins in a circle doing nothing.

Is this abnormal?

TangoTango

Bronze
Jul 19, 2008
Las Vegas
I'd tend to think yes.

I stand just outside my front door, and it will 'Blue dot' me in about 15-20 seconds. Even sitting in my car, under the carport, it will blue dot me in about 30-40 seconds.

Does yours find you at all, like at school / work or traveling down the road or anything ?

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
mine is very very accurate . i put in my address had it locate it, went to the sat. view and it had dropped the pin right square in the middle of my room at my house

I have checked it numerous times driving and it is always within a half block or less of my location if not dead on

It sounds like you might have defective gps on your phone . You can try resetting your phone or restoring it and see if that helps

Im sitting in my living room and my gps is working perfect even inside

JSchu22

Jul 3, 2007
There have been times that mine hasn't been very accurate at all, just providing that big circle. While this has been uncommon, it has unfortunately been during times I REALLY needed to know where I was, not while standing in front of my house.