Is my iPhone about to crap out?

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
I got my 3G on 7/12 and haven't had a problem with it up until a few days ago. I noticed that my apps had become very unstable, both App Store and Cydia apps. I tried using "Things" to add a to-do, and it would crash as soon as i changed the due date. I tried to update iSpazio in Cydia, it would get to the end, and then just close. I tried to surf the interwarbz in Safari and would only get a couple minutes before it would close. And then the scariest thing, i got a text about 20 minutes ago, and when i tried to open it so I could reply, the screen dimmed and flashed with horizontal lines across the screen and got stuck in a screen with nothing but a few lines on the right and top of the screen. I locked and unlocked it and every went back to normal, but is this a sign that my iPhone might be going?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Could be. When was the last time you synced with iTunes?

There may be a restore in your not-too-distant future.

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
I got my 3G on 7/12 and haven't had a problem with it up until a few days ago. I noticed that my apps had become very unstable, both App Store and Cydia apps. I tried using "Things" to add a to-do, and it would crash as soon as i changed the due date. I tried to update iSpazio in Cydia, it would get to the end, and then just close. I tried to surf the interwarbz in Safari and would only get a couple minutes before it would close. And then the scariest thing, i got a text about 20 minutes ago, and when i tried to open it so I could reply, the screen dimmed and flashed with horizontal lines across the screen and got stuck in a screen with nothing but a few lines on the right and top of the screen. I locked and unlocked it and every went back to normal, but is this a sign that my iPhone might be going?
That always happens to my text, it gets all blank and then I have to tap the screen for the keyboard and my conversation to appear.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
That always happens to my text, it gets all blank and then I have to tap the screen for the keyboard and my conversation to appear.
But does the screen dim and flash with horizontal lines going across the whole screen?

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
When I posted that, I had already restored back to stock because I had to send in my phone for a replacement.
Oh, kk.

I managed to reduce my horrible lag by deleting Lincoln's lock screen widget and the clock mod on the springboard. Now I just gotta see if that was also the reason behind my apps being so unstable.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Oh, kk.

I managed to reduce my horrible lag by deleting Lincoln's lock screen widget and the clock mod on the springboard. Now I just gotta see if that was also the reason behind my apps being so unstable.
I'm willing to bet the clock mod alone was causing your lag. I use Linc's Widgets and don't feel they lag at all. In fact, odd as it may seem, but I still believe my phone feels a little faster when I have his lock screen widget theme running!

Weird, I know, but I honestly believe it to be true.